Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Life and Times of Angel

I'm sitting here, sipping hot spiced tea, soaking in the relative quiet in an unusual lull. The air around me is redolent with Icy Hot and honey lemon cough drops. And I'm not done. Yet.

The last two days have been taken up with THE SPRING PROJECT. The storage room at the back of our garage has been in desperate need of finishing, subfloor and flooring and the wall between it and the garage completed. But in order to do that, it first needed to be cleaned out. Everything removed. Yikes.

Three 6 foot tall by 3 feet deep by 10 ft long shelving units FULL of canned goods and other sundry stores, two bookcases full of books, two chest deep freezers full of everything, and all the assorted junk that finds its  way into a storage building. But first we had to clean out one side of the garage to put all the stuff cleaned out of the storage room. Eleven hours of Monday. You know the sentence that will get you off a homicide charge? "So what're you fixing for dinner tonight?" "Bang.Bangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbang. Click."

Day Two, Tuesday. Got the subflooring and flooring down, the wall was finished out with OSB, stained and polyurethaned, with a funky little storage system I found at Sam's Club. We started getting everything moved back into the room, minus a lot of crap that found it's way into the dumpster; we're about 80% done. My shoulders hurt, my knees hurt, my back hurts, I have bruises everywhere. My perky ponytail is limp and lifeless. I fell into bed last night, exhausted, and couldn't get to sleep because I could feel the blood thumping through every bruise on my shins and my feet kept cramping.

So how did I get some time off this morning? Craigslist. I usually curse Craigslist, but this morning it saved me. SFB (those who know me well, know what that stands for) is in Big A looking at another pickup. You know what? I don't even care. As long as I can, I'll sit here with my feet up, heating pad on my back, ice packs on my knees, cup of tea at my elbow. And dream of Sunday.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww Angel, I know that feeling well and I'm sorry your bruises have bruises. I'm glad you can put your feet up and relax this morning.

-CM

Anonymous said...

Btw, you're one awesome lady to be doing all that! :D

-CM

John Smith said...

Sound like you could use some TLC.

Critter said...

that reminds me, gotta build more garden boxes.

Navy91 said...

Jeez, if you did even half that much work at my house I'd be fixing YOU a four course dinner! You rock!