Friday, May 1, 2015

Sales tax-free weekend for gun purchases

AUSTIN, TEXAS (AP) -- The Texas Senate has approved a plan that would allow shoppers to buy guns, ammunition and hunting supplies without having to pay sales taxes during the last weekend in August.

Well, now who's up for a little vacation to the Lone Star State?


Anonymous said...

Damn. Why couldn't they do that the end of May, when the Lone Star State will be graced with my lovely presence?


SunwolfNC said...

The local shop and range I belong to just recently had a tax free sale weekend. Picked up a nice Ruger 556 and assorted other items. It was like Christmas :)

RabidAlien said...

My only question is, what took this concept so long? Then I realize that all of the state lawmaking is done in Austin, and my question is answered.