Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Week #2 of Construction Clusterfuck

You know you've bonded with your iPhone when you type "cluster" and it automatically adds "fuck." It took an entire week to build a shower and lay ceramic tile in two smallish bathrooms; stayed home all day yesterday waiting for the crew that never showed up to finish. It's now 9:30 and still no one is here finishing the job. I have a partial shower and two old vanities in the master and an old cracked tub and no surround and a toilet in the hall bath. Thank God I haven't paid a dime to the contractor yet. We may settle on what's been done so far minus mileage for the four days I had to drive the chicks to Canyon so they could continue working after 2:30. Not that they got much accomplished.
I'm so tired, cranky and seriously redhead pissed.


9 comments:

Rob said...

B5 was great! Good luck with contractors...

Unknown said...

It isn't just in sci fi, darlin...

Jesse in DC said...

I have ALWAYS found that to be wise advice.

Granny said...

They could have called you and said they were tied up. (Literally, one can only hope.) Perhaps nobody let them out of their cages that day?
It just frosts your cookie when Tradies do that shit.

Judy said...

Become the squeaky wheel!

SiGraybeard said...

I thought you were going to say not to piss off the ones with black eyes. Didn't even notice they're redheads.

Anonymous said...

key words "you haven't paid em yet"...and in case of nasties, court venue is Carson County, city of Panhandle...hmmmmm...hang in there, Wise Angel One...story is not over yet...

Granny said...

They know not what hell and wrath they shall reap.
Scare the bejeezus out of their little freckled asses. And, best of all, don't pay the slack little shits.
Seriously, as a boat owner and a single female, the crap that tradesmen tried on had to be seen to be believed.
Slowly, my reputation as a ball buster grew up and down the Eastern Australian coastline. Jungle drums along the line saved me a lot of hassle after the 'boys' realized that I wasn't a mug.
Sure, I got accused of being a Lezzo, a man hater Etc. Too fucking bad you lying sacks of shit, you are not getting one brass razzoo more than is due to you.
My male mates made sure that this crap was exactly that, crap.
They don't have to bow and scrape, but they damned well have to do their job!

rickn8or said...

"I'm so tired, cranky and seriously redhead pissed."

That phrase scares me and I'm fearless.