Wednesday, June 3, 2015

This actually helps

I'm a visual learner. 
You can tell me something 1000 times and I won't get it.
Show it to me once, and I'll never forget it.


Anonymous said...

You have to be able to hear it and copy in your head. Shin-San in Japan thinks it is related to musical ability. I think he may be right. I have been told I can't carry a tune in a bucket and can't seem to break through 15 words per minute receiving. :(
Shin is quite good and also plays the cello.

SunwolfNC said...

I guess we read the dash/dots right to left and top down?
neat pic though - thank you for posting this!

Anonymous said...

What is the procedure for starting a new character ? Wait approximately 3 - 5 seconds I suppose.

Anonymous said...

If the duration of a dot is taken to be one unit then that of a dash is three units. The space between the components of one character is one unit, between characters is three units and between words seven units.


Some pretty good apps for smart phones are available also.

Brothers said...

"But I carry that bucket with pride..."

I'm Joe the singing Janitor...

Anonymous said...

hell, I can't even master the keyboard on a cell phone......

vaquero viejo

Anonymous said...

Back in the 70s, a co-worker of mine was trying to get his ham radio license, and back then you had to send and receive 5 words a minute of morse code. So we would speak to each other in code all day long, using "dih-dah" syllables. It probably drove the other workers nuts, but that's a good way to learn the code.

Here's a phrase we used to say to other a lot. Now we could say it to Obama and all of the other statists who want to take our rights away: "dih-dih-dah-dit, dih-dih-dah, dah-dih-dah-dit, dah-dih-dah,, dah-dih-dah-dah, dah-dah-dah, dih-dih-dah"!


JeremyR said...

Here is a translator that might help.

LT said...

Three dits, four dits, two dits, dah.
Morse code, Morse code, rah rah rah!