Tuesday, July 4, 2017

An almost late Happy 4th!


We're approaching the end of week 9 of the 3-day bathroom renovation.
The tub and surround were installed last Friday and look like shit.
The contractor assures me the magic is coming. I'm not hopeful.

The eye surgeon appointment was a bust. I see too well to qualify for insurance coverage.
I can read with assistance and can still drive legally,
therefore the insurance that we're paying a tripled premium and has a deductible that
went from $500 to $4000 with the installation of the Affordable Care Act has decided
I'm not bad off enough to cover. Meanwhile, there's a prisoner somewhere getting
a free "gender reassignment" surgery.

Teen Queen and Baby Queen are being assessed next week
for placement in post-educational programs.
TQ needs something immediately, she's bored silly.
BQ still has three years left that she can go to high school.
She doesn't much care where she is as long as she has Minions to command.

I'm already starting to get a headache and an aura.
Love the little flashing lights.
Signing off for now,
Hugs and Kisses,
Angel


6 comments:

pigpen51 said...

Angel,

I wish that things were only better for you, not only health wise, but also on the other fronts that you deal with on an every day basis. The flashing lights that precede migraines for many, I myself don't get, just the migraine itself. I do want you to know that I am sure that many out here are praying for you, as I myself pray for you as I think of you and your family.

I will pray that somehow and from somewhere, the money for your surgery will come, and you will be able to get your sight back to where it should be. Sometimes it does seem like when it rains it pours.

Anonymous said...

adding my prayers...and how do you make a voodoo doll to represent an insurance company? maybe just a large asshole....In any event, I hope you and yours had a good ol 4th....


vaquero viejo

C. S. P. Schofield said...

think of it this way; that prisoner that wants 'Gender Reassignment Surgery' is going to be surgically mutilated in a way that, multiple studies show, will make his psychological problems worse and probably end with his suicide.

For a lot of prisoners - violent ones, for example - I'm not that sure I mind paying for that.

Rotten bastard that I am......

drjim said...

I get the visual migraines once in a while, too. They're not fun unless you were planning on taking a nap just then.

Granny said...

Well shit. This completely sucks. Things have to get better as they can't get worse. I would be mixing up a huge batch of plaster of Paris and 'accidentally' nudge the builder into the tub, then go on a three day vacation. Jack hammering his sorry ass out of there would be an inter web sensation. Heh

C. S. P. Schofield said...

Granny,

"Things have to get better as they can't get worse"

Oh, my. Not only CAN things get worse, but be very very careful about mentioning HOW. 'They' take suggestions!