Monday, June 3, 2013

A helping hand

A friend contacted me last night and asked for some help. Not for himself, but for a childhood friend who is facing serious health issues due to diabetes. As I have family member who have died from diabetic complications, family who are currently dealing with Type 1 diabetes, and two daughters who are flirting with Type II diabetes, this lady's plight hit home.  She faced a very hard decision to save her life by sacrificing her leg. Most of us think that's a no-brainer; but when it's your leg, it's a bit more difficult. Her family is working on making the house handicapped accessible, which when added to the medical expenses, is a mountain of money.

My friend didn't ask for money; he asked for help getting her story out, prayers for her and the family and positive energy sent their way. I'm sure donations would be welcome, but like the rest of us, they are loathe to ask.

If you are of a mind, go read her story, say a prayer, send all the positive energy their way that you can muster, and if a dollar or two finds it's way to them, then that's good too.

Thank you for indulging me, again.

https://www.facebook.com/TheMichelleLeiknessBodyBenefitCommunity?ref=ts&fref=ts

4 comments:

Robert Fowler said...

Being diabetic myself, I understand their problem. One of my Uncles lost a foot from complications of diabetes. I'll say a little prayer.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Angel. You didn't have to but you did. Love ya.

Keads said...

Done!

hiswiserangel said...

Thanks Robert and Keads, y'all are just big ole sweeties. ;-)

Stevie, told you last night it was my pleasure. Love ya back.