Sunday, June 30, 2013

Okay, now I feel better

One of those afternoons. I'm expecting a phone call from a friend sometime this evening, and running around trying to get hubby packed and off to Vegas for a few days, take care of the girls and coordinate with the parental units for an impromptu family reunion since my brother and his family are down from Spokanistan. Anyhoo, spent the last 45 minutes talking to mom, frantically searching for my cell phone. On which I was talking to my mom, about not being able to find my cell phone. Bear with me folks, she knew damn good and well what I was looking for because, frankly, this wasn't the first time. But she lets me go, even suggesting places to go look, in case I missed something. I adore my mom, got every twisted synapse from her. But sometimes she drives me batshit crazy. So after emptying my purse, my backup purse, searching the momvan, cleaning my desk and searching the momvan again, she starts cracking up.

"What?! WHAT?! Dammit, mom, it's not funny!!!!"

She finally lets me in on the joke. I hate when my oh-so-highly-educated-intelligent brain skips a groove. But at least I'm not Caligula Crazy.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's funny right there.

Where were your glasses? Was that the problem?

LMAO

Your mom is cool!

Terry
Fla.

hiswiserangel said...

Terry, God love you, bite me.

RabidAlien said...

I've watched my Mom search through her purse for five minutes (timed!) trying to find her keys. She was actually switching them from hand to hand as she searched her purse. On at least one occasion, I mentioned "have you looked in your hand?" She then looked at the hand without the keys. "Try the other one, Mom." She switched her keys over, and griped at me for wasting her time when the keys did not, for some odd reason, appear in her other hand. *sigh*

hiswiserangel said...

I have sat in the momvan, with it running, AC full blast, and looked frantically through my purse for the keys.

WiscoDave said...

Caligula declared victory and had his men erect a monument to the occasion.
The men had a fun day and earned combat pay...

RabidAlien said...

Whilst in Hong Kong, our sub was tied up to a tug which had a huge diesel generator which was supposed to provide us power. The diesel kept breaking, so finally the skipper and Eng made the decision to screw the tug and start up the reactor. Which royally screwed everyone in the engineering spaces out of a day or more of shore leave (desperately needed). The call went out that if anyone saw a nuke (engineering guy, we worked with the reactor systems, thus "nuke" nickname) around town, they were to report back to the boat for reactor startup (the rumor, of course, reached us first, so most of us were "unable to be found"). One of the E-6's in my division finally made it back to the boat...walked through the reactor compartment tunnel (full of "hey, we're running!" noises), through one compartment (with a watch-stander who was NOT stationed while the reactor was shut down) and past a fully-manned Maneuvering to ask the Engineroom watchstander (also not a watch that's stationed whilst things are shut down) "when is the reactor startup brief?" He says this while standing between two RUNNING turbine generators, which, again, are NOT running when in port and the reactor is shut down. The fact that he had to yell above the sound of all this operating equipment would, one might assume, have clued him in.

Anonymous said...

But at least I'm not Caligula Crazy.

Yet...

OldAFSarge said...

Been there done that.

I think that's my new motto: "At least I'm not Caligula crazy." Love it!

Volfram said...

Rabid, that's when you grab the keys out of your mom's hand and say "Is this what you're looking for?"

Not only does it solve the problem, but you'll start getting a reputation for being magic.

RabidAlien said...

Volfram...is it bad that I couldn't do so because I was enjoying watching the process? And laughing?