Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A very busy day

There has been no activity here because I've been catching up on things. When the girls are out of school for the summer, I'm pretty busy just keeping them on their schedules so little things like housework and bigger things like personal maintenance fall by the wayside. And today, being the first day of Summer School, I took advantage of the few hours of peace and quiet.

We were with the grandfolks yesterday when I realized I was chewing on my bangs, time for a haircut. I love my stylist, she's funky and fun and carries in the shop. I am jealous since her gun is bigger than mine. Bitch. But she worked me in on short notice and was appalled. I haven't taken my hair out of a ponytail for the last month. Washing and putting wet, curly hair in a ponytail band is apparently the worst thing for it. Added to the damage was the perm a few months back. Note to self: don't perm curly hair. So lost about 4 inches of the length and regained some bangs. Short but cute.

Second chore: The Teen Queen's Bedroom. Her bed, an Ikea wood frame, was looking sadly destroyed. I ordered a really chic metal platform bed for her with new, more sophisticated bedding. In a little over 2 hours, I had the old bed broken down and moved out, new one set up, new sheets and duvet, and about 8 pillows. Two artful posters of the Eiffel Tower, and the little girl's room grew up into a chic Paris loft. TQ was thrilled.

And now I'm looking at my bedroom thinking, NEXT! It's done in early American garage sale chic meets Little House on the Prairie. I think it's time for an upgrade.

13 comments:

Angel eyes said...

Pics? C'mon now...

hiswiserangel said...

Of the bedroom? I didn't know you were into home decor, Angel eyes.

Unknown said...

At least it aint Little Garage Sale on the Prairie.

Angel eyes said...

Oh, yes. Interior decorating is my life!

RabidAlien said...

"Interior decorating"....still works as a euphemism!

Angel eyes said...

A splash here and a...never mind.

hiswiserangel said...

I'm just sitting here, waiting for someone to ask if the carpet matches the drapes....

Angel eyes said...

Ya got the cojones to show us?

hiswiserangel said...

Angel eyes, I'm not that kind of girl. It's a very special man that gets to check out the flooring.

Angel eyes said...

I've been called special.
In retrospect I don't think it was meant as a compliment...

hiswiserangel said...

I think you're special, Angel eyes. But there is no way I'm posting a pic like that for God and everybody.

Angel eyes said...

'twas all in jest, you must know.
Well, mostly...

hiswiserangel said...

Maybe someday, Angel eyes, in private.