Wednesday, June 11, 2014

But wait, that's logical


A good friend, good Patriot and occasional commenter, Jesse in DC, sent this to me this morning. It's his comment on another blog and it explains things quite nicely. I think of all the people who grew up like this, exposed to firearms and taught to handle them properly and respect the power of being armed, who never shot anyone at school or work or anywhere else for that matter. What's the difference? Guns haven't changed since their inception, they are what they are, tools to be used. So what changed? The culture, society, a liberal mindset that my feelings and rights and needs supersede yours, and life is cheap and disposable. We don't need to address guns and gun ownership, we need to address what went wrong with our culture and society.

"I am in my mid 50s, I got my first gun, a Remington single shot 22 for my 10th birthday My dad was a gun guy too. He hunted, shot trap and skeet, target shot, and even built a few custom guns over the years. I am old enough to remember how it was before the GCA of 1968(as always brought to you by the freedom hating Democrat party) at least a little bit.I got to go with my dad and hang out at Pete Fresh's gunstore in Rockville. There were no 4473s. You could buy guns through the mail. The old guys that hung out there instilled in me a tremendous respect for the gun culture, and respect for guns. I was allowed to handle some...I was taught the 4 rules. Throughout my childhood there were guns in our house. They were secured, but not locked away. My dad delighted in showing me and my siblings his latest find. As I headed to adulthood, I picked up where my dad left off. He collected some things, I collected others.I shared my latest finds with him too, right up until he passed away. What is my point to all of this? The gun culture is my culture. It has been a part of the United States since the beginning of this country. (See Kentucky rifles...)It is only since the creation of the "progressives" that gun ownership has ever been questioned. It is only in the last 50 years that gun ownership has come under constant attack.  And it is always the same political party. Yes, gun ownership is enshrined in the BOR, but more than that, it is in our very DNA. Not only do they wish to rule us by force, they wish to stamp out our very culture. They want to separate us from the culture that allowede our forefathers to create our very country. This is past unacceptable. It is wrong, unconstitutional, and unAmerican. I will not accept this. I urge all of you that have not, find a copy of Unintended Consequences , and read it. When you see "that which shall not be infringed"  infringed all in one place, you will understand how far back we have already been pushed. Let us not be pushed back any more."

In a comment on The Truth About Guns blog. post HERE

No comments: