Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Friendship and bullets

A few nights ago, wirecutter emailed me asking for my address. Oh shit, thought I, he's finally going to do something about this:

But no, he actually had a happy surprise for me. Some time back, he'd entered a drawing for a battle pack of 300 rounds of 9mm. Luger 115 gr. FMJ 9mm to be exact. Every knows he doesn't own a 9mil, has no need for 9mm bullets, so why did he enter? Because he knew I did, and he's that kind of friend. As soon as he found out he won, he had my addy to AmmoMan.com, and this morning the FedEx guy handed me this:



Kinda makes me sorry for the .gif, but not really.

Thank you, wirecutter, you adorable curmudgeon; and y'all go check out AmmoMan.com. Give them your business, they're good folks.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

yup yup
you lucky girl
enjoy it but don't waste it

livin to ride

hiswiserangel said...

These are battle preps, livin. Ammo with a purpose. :-) And I'm a very lucky girl, I have great friends who still love me when I'm a pest. :-)

wirecutter said...

Hmmmm, I had almost forgotten about you and WiscoDave humiliating me with that gif.
Good thing I have your address now...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Wirecutter strikes me as an awesome guy - that was way cool of him paying this forward to you.

Anonymous said...

Nice. it's good to have friends.

(wish I had some) :-(

hiswiserangel said...

Honey, if you're part of the III, you've already got more friends than you know.

hiswiserangel said...

wirecutter, I know Miss Lisa loves me and won't let you hurt me. I ain't skeered.

wirecutter said...

She's on the list too. Wasn't she the one trying to get you to post a gif of me in a ball hammock?
It surprised the fuck out of me that you passed on that one. I was shocked.

hiswiserangel said...

I'm still working on it.

Eric said...

Thanks so much for the kind words and congrats! Enjoy the 9mm!

Hawken Cougar said...

The WC gif is a classic. I vote to give it a permanent place on the front page of your blog.

hiswiserangel said...

Hawken, do I look suicidal?