Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Getting to know Angel

I got one of those silly challenges on Facebook (thanks Sara) to list 25 Things about myself. Since I'm going to be a little busy this morning, I'll share it with y'all in lieu of an actual post. Study it, there will be a test later.

25 Things about me:

#1 I prefer barefoot to any type of shoe.
#2 Baking helps me keep from murdering people. Which is why I bake so much during the holidays.
#3 I'm absolutely positive I've seen a ghost.
#4 I have a mild form of OCD, I have rituals I have to do entering and leaving a room, before starting or turning off the momvan, and walking into a new building. It doesn't affect my life beyond making me a little more weird.
#5 My first dog's name was Tuffy, but I wanted to name him Taffy. I had a head cold.
#6 I almost flunked kindergarten because I wouldn't color inside the lines. I could read on a 6th grade level, but I couldn't conform.
#7 In 6th grade, we had to choose between band and choir. I chose band, my band director suggest I check out choir. I ended up being able to play 6 instruments.
#8 I'm terrified of moths. The Mothman Prophecy is one of my nightmare movies.
#9 I still skip when I walk sometimes.
#10 I really suck at face-to-face relationships because of social anxiety. Great online, but face-to-face, I clam up.
#11 I'm really not a cat person.
#12 I love gardening, canning and seeing shelves full of food that I produced.
#13 I didn't realize how boring I am until I tried to think of 25 things.
#14 I would love to be a runner, but I don't have the discipline or a good enough sports bra.
#15 I would love to sail, but I get seasick in the bathtub.
#16 I know for a fact that #22 on Sara Szabo's list is bullshit. (She said she types more than she talks).
#17 I am dibilitatingly claustrophobic and can't wear turtleneck sweaters because I panic when I try to put one on.
#18 I spontaneously dance anywhere, anytime, much to my family's chagrin.
#19 I have a weakness for soldiers/warriors.
#20 I'd rather watch Black Hawk Down or 300 than any chick flick.
#21 I've seen Rocky Horror Picture Show at least 60 times.
#22 I'll watch Disney movies even after the Cute Chicks get bored and wander off.
#23 Yes, I cry at Disney/Pixar movies. If you didn't cry during Up!, I don't want to know you.
#24 I have an oral fixation and go through Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pops like Whitney Houston went through crack.
#25 I'm thinking about going back to college for something marketable.


So, there you have it. Hope you feel closer to me, I know I do. :-)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only thing marketable about going back to college is teaching people who are going back to college.

You can quote me.

Volfram said...

RE #22 and 23, have you watched "The Pet Girl of Sakurasou" yet? I really do think you'd enjoy it.

Japanese with English subtitles only, unfortunately.(I was a bit upset with Sentai Filmworks when I found out they'd decided not to dub it.)

Wraith said...

I tried to feel closer to you, but then you had to go and file that restraining order. :(

Old Goat Patrol said...

#21

In my early twenties, I would dress up like Riff Raff and get into Rocky Horror for free. Tux jacket, balding with blond hair on my shoulders. When Glee did RD I pissed off my "cool daughter" by knowing all the words and singing along. Not something a bald fat white guy should do.

buckeyecopperhead said...

Amen, re # 17

I suffer major gag reflex seeing others wear them.

hiswiserangel said...

I always dressed up as Magenta!

Jesse in DC said...

Excellant Nonconformity at an early age... That way you miss all the indoctrination...

Sarthurk said...

Yer Good!
Me, not so much.

My problem is that I'm too young to retire, yet I'm too physically FU'd to do the things I'm good at. Thanks to drunk drivers and my own stupidity.

Cederq said...

Oh girl, marry me, I don't like normal, but I don't like ultra weird either, you are just right... but,if you truly were OCD, you would spell it CDO... And not being a cat person , hallelujah! What more does a man need?

Sarthurk said...

Yew better watch that Cedriq guy...oh yeah, you're just right. Seriously, how many times have you heard that before?

Yer big Bro, Sarthurk

Cederq said...

Do we get to see Sara's list?

Chris said...

I conformed most of the way through state-run school. While daydreaming about getting even. Unfortunately for those dreams, I am now a libertarian (no aggression allowed).

I cannot imagine how I could come up with 25 things about me without making stuff up.

Ian Restil said...

Bah, why is there nae aboot yer favorite calibre(s), the preferred launch platforms for same*, yer preferred kilt plaid and sporran cover, etc. You know, the really important stuff one should know about a lassie.

Och, Angel lass, we hardly know ye ...

hiswiserangel said...

Och, Ian, those are things best discussed over a pint. Or two.

Anonymous said...

#12 is basically is analogy for everything today.

Some dipshit who thinks they know better than ourselves.

-milo

glenn555 said...

Angel, now yer just showing off! But still a keeper.

West Tx at Heart said...

15 was very interesting

Sara said...

Ced... nope.
heh