Thursday, September 18, 2014

Happiness

Something that's been pretty scarce around here lately. It seems like there's always one more crisis, one more bit of bad news, one more loved one with a death sentence (Fuck Cancer). When the folks went on vacation a few weeks ago, we puppysat Snoopy for them, and I handled their travel arrangements and hotel reservations. Things went screwy, as they always do, and I somehow lost them on the Vegas Strip at 10 pm after they'd been driving for 10 hours. I got them back to the road their hotel was on, and they overshot it. Three times. The last time, I heard my mom exclaim, "Bill!" and the phone went dead. It was about midnight my time, I hadn't showered yet, and the girls were going to be up in a few hours for school. So on the verge of tears, not ready to be an orphan, I got ready for bed praying the whole time. Tried their cell one more time, straight to voicemail, so I called the front desk of their hotel, not really sure what I was going to ask, but determined not to blurt out, "I've lost my folks!" I calmly ~cough~ explained the situation and inquired if they had managed to check in. The desk clerk, bless her, told me that they had indeed checked in and would I like her to ring their room? YES! So hearing their voices and sure they were safe and sound, I tucked them in and went to bed.

My eye started twitching that night and hasn't stopped. Some days it's barely noticeable, some days it's like an epileptic morse code operator. Last night it felt like a strobe light. But today is a really rough day, digesting the latest news that a dear friend and Teen Queen's Godmother is facing terminal breast cancer and facing my own mammogram in the morning. And I get a lovely surprise package. My folks sent me a Thank You Pig. I'm smiling every time I look at him.

Thanks mom and Poppy, love you beyond words!



5 comments:

Cederq said...

Cool parents Miss Angel, enjoy and love them as much as you can, while you can...

Chief Nose Wetter said...

Gook luck tomorrow Angel. Check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl8Y8I_TsjI

Baking soda and molasses

David Forward said...

@ Chief Nose Wetter:

4 months ago I was diagnosed (complete with biopsy) with Stage 3 prostate cancer. Rather than submit to the typical "approved" protocols of slice, radiate and poison, I chose to follow more natural protocols.

Besides an all natural foods diet, I incorporated the baking soda/molasses protocol along with therapeutic doses of iodine. (Baking soda/molasses for 2 weeks until I achieved a body pH of 8.3, and iodine for 3 months). Biopsy at the 3 month mark showed zero trace of cancer left.

(For info on iodine I recommend the web sit Iodinereserch.com, and 2 books: The Iodine Crisis by Lynne Farrow, and Iodine and Why You Need It by David Brownstein, M.D.)

Peter said...

Good luck, pal.

Jason said...

Nevada is a beautiful place. Glad to have them here.

Good luck.