And bacon is sooooo delightful....
Bacon, Bourbon, and Hazelnut Hot Chocolate
- 4 thick-cut slices of bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- pinch kosher salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces Frangelico
- 4 ounces Bourbon
- Whipped cream and chopped toasted hazelnuts for garnish
- Cook bacon in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-low heat until crisp and rendered. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Pour fat into a small bowl and stir in corn starch with a fork.
- In medium saucepan, stir cocoa with sugar and salt. Stir in reserved bacon fat/corn starch mixture, milk, milk chocolate, and bittersweet chocolate. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is hot. Gently whisk to completely homogenize mixture.
- Add Frangelico and bourbon. Pour into individual serving cups. Top with whipped cream, chopped toasted hazelnuts, and a strip of bacon. Serve immediately.
Dudes, I am TELLING you, make some of this for your woman and she well jingle your bells. Deck your halls. There will NOT be a Silent Night. I'm so going to hell for that last one....