Sunday, December 16, 2012

Are Israeli Teachers Armed?

Sent in from WiscoDave



"There is a picture going around the Internet that I have seen about a dozen times today that claims that Israeli teachers are packing heat. Well, are they? The answer is “NO.” There may be some exceptions in dangerous areas like the West Bank (where five percent of Israelis live), but in general, Israeli teachers are not walking around like it’s the Wild Wild West, strapped with a six shooter. No, our teachers are not focused on shooting, but educating. That doesn’t mean, however, that we don’t protect young students."

http://messiahsmandate.org/are-israeli-teachers-armed/


So, apparently, Israeli teachers AREN'T carrying in the classroom, which is well and good. But the article goes on to explain the extraordinary security measures that are in place at each school, including being entirely fenced with armed guards at the gate.  The author states "Secondly, they are not armed in the classroom. Is that really the image you want to imprint on the minds of six-year-olds?" No, I don't believe a teacher should stand before a class of kindergarteners with an AR strapped across her back, but a concealed weapon which she (or he) has been trained and qualified to carry? A weapon that isn't obvious to the kids UNTIL it is needed? I have absolutely no problem with that scenario.

The pundits will talk, debates will rage; but the bottom line is you can't legislate evil, you can only prepare to stop it.

4 comments:

WiscoDave said...

Thank you hwa for mentioning that 4 letter that is and will be ignored; evil. The father of evil has been around since the (almost)beginning of time. Evil has existed in mankind since Cain killed Able. Modern day liberals/progressives can't admit that evil exists (except Bush & Haliburton et al)and therefore need something else to blame; guns, NRA, Tea Party, vets etc. Their mantra of "more government = more good" is all they can accept. Individual accountability is not something they can understand except when pointing out the faults they see in others. The victims of evil actions are nothing more than a reason to further their goals. Other than that they shed only crocodile tears for the victims; they (the victims), after all, are dead and can't be helped.
I think that most readers of your blog would gladly have died stopping this from happening - actions such as that are a deep part of our being, an almost instinctive reaction to evil. How many liberals/progressives would honestly say the same...?

Robert Fowler said...

Well dave, I'm pretty well screwed. I'm a gun owning, tea party supporting, NRA member veteran. They must really hate me.

I have a link up about the 1974 Ma-alot massacre. I was told that right after this, certain teachers and civilians were trained and carried in the classrooms. On a random basis so the terrorists wouldn't know where there was a gun. I put the question about that to Mr. Cantor. I'll see what he has to say about that.

WiscoDave said...

@Robert Fowler
We'll all go down together my friend...

Anonymous said...

When I was a teenager and after "Basic Training", they told me I was competent to protect my country. Thanks to to the G.I. Bill I have a degree and teaching credential. But now, I am too stupid to protect my sixth-graders. Go figure