Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sunday best bacon taters

This is a slow-cooker recipe, but if you want to do it in the oven, 400 degrees for an hour in a 9x13 baking pan covered.

 
Ingredients

1 pound bacon, diced
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
4 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
1/2 pound cheddar cheese, grated
salt and pepper
butter
Green Onions (optional)

Instructions

1. Line crockpot with foil, leaving enough to cover the potatoes when finished.

2. Layer half each of the bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese in crockpot. Season to taste and dot with butter.

3. Repeat layers of bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese. Dot with butter.

4. Cover with remaining foil.

5. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours



7 comments:

stevierayv said...

Well I can't unsee that.I have all those ingredients on hand.Sounds like a good one.Could be todays project.

hiswiserangel said...

Trust me, you'll want to make this every Sunday, and most other days that end in "y".

Dave in Indiana said...

Sounds kinda similar to a cheesy hash brown shreds recipe my prettier half makes, only with bacon and green onions. I need to try to convince her to try adding that twist and report back with results. But this will be an uphill battle, we both have our recipes and the mutual agreement is that we don't screw around with each others recipes...

Sarthurk said...

So, do you cook the bacon first? It might be a bit greasy otherwise, depending on what kind of bacon one used. Just asking.

hiswiserangel said...

I cook it to just shy of where I like it and let it finish in the dish, the little bit of bacon grease makes it perfection.

Angel eyes said...

And I thought I was bad ass splicing some leftover cheese brats from the bowels of my fridge into the scrambled eggs this morn.
I don't know how I survive my cooking.

Brock Townsend said...

Printed it off, so Dixie can cook it. Yum, yum.