Friday, March 28, 2014

Yep, this pretty much covers it.

I do have my days when I get up and ask myself, "Why the hell am I doing this, again?" And it's the same answer every damn time. If I stopped, if I shuttered up the windows, locked the doors and walked away, I'd miss you guys something terrible. I'd wonder and worry and desperately need to check in and make sure y'all were doing okay. I do it, because out here on the Plains with the prairie dogs and tumbleweeds and a couple of Cute Chicks who I love dearly but are lousy at adult conversation, I get bone lonely. Before blogging, the only adult interaction I'd have were the occasional trip to the grocery store and chance coversations with the UPS dude. There were days I wouldn't say a word to anyone. And then I started harrassing wirecutter on his blog, he encouraged me to go AWAY and start my own, and then y'all came knocking. And you stayed and became family. And I wouldn't change a minute of it.



The Voices In My Head: Another sappy post about why I blog

24 comments:

John Smith said...

I just wanted to say thank you. I really enjoy reading your blog.

JPD said...

HAH!! Success, unknown to you, we are actually VOICES in your head. Filaments, oops, figments of your imagination.

It's true, you have been driven into insanity. The proof is wirecutter. Who is an 80 year old spinster, with pink hair, 6 cats, living in a condo in Miami Beach.

hiswiserangel said...

Why, thank you kindly, Mr. Smith!

JPD, seriously? You think I didn't already know that about wc? Sheesh...

Unknown said...

And I wake up every day hoping for more pearls to be found here. Thanks for doing it,,,every day.

Wind River Ranger said...

+1 on glennnils555.

1,040,171 of us can't all be wrong. Well, we could, but probably are not.

Keep it up, Angel.

C

Jess said...

HWA, thanks for being here and blogging. It makes each day a little brighter.

And I really didn't need to know that about WC anyway. I'm going to go get the brain bleach now....

Unknown said...

I, for one, hope you don't quit! You, and all the other bloggers I follow, bring some much needed respite to my otherwise mundane life! =P

walter snopek said...

I love your blog and your figurative balls. Red Heads Rule

Anonymous said...

Have always loved lurking in your posts. Glad you keep trudging on with this project. Oh, Peanut says "Hey"

Endeavor to persevere!

davidc said...

Yes, pearls before us swine !

West Tx at Heart said...

maybe you need a text buddy.

stevierayv said...

Well I don't know that if I count as adult interaction but you take what you can get girl:)Hang in there and blog on!

Xenolith said...

Yep

RabidAlien said...

We're "adults"?

hiswiserangel said...

Rabid, some of you are AdultXXX.

Bryn, Isle of Anglesey. said...

Once upon a time (pre-internet days) I thought I could live in isolation quite happily - until I moved (for work) to a city I detested from the start. I lasted two years before before accepting a lower wage in an a rural area with friendly people.

Human contact & friendship is worth its weight in gold, especially in times of trouble.

Please keep blogging, I don't think your readers are going anywhere soon.

Regards,
Bryn.

Critter said...

well, i like your blog stuff, but you probably don't want me to be in your family. i'm not quite housebroken, you see.

hiswiserangel said...

Critter, so few of them are. Welcome to the family.

Falcon said...

Wirecutter sent me over from his neck of the woods. I can see from this blog he certainly has good taste.

wirecutter said...

What the fuck brought that on?

hiswiserangel said...

Seriously? Didn't anybody click the link and read xenolith's post about why we do this? I was just agreeing with him and putting my two cents in.

wirecutter said...

I already had but modesty forbids me saying anything about that because I'm pretty sure he's talking shit about me in it.
Some of us are shy, ya know.

hiswiserangel said...

Handsome, you're a legend, deal with it.

wirecutter said...

This is true. Thank you for pointing that out to me instead of vise versa.