Saturday, November 29, 2014

Received and posted

I'm posting in it's entirety, adding nothing, deleting nothing.

Ms Libertarian Angel:
I forwarded your link about Jane Fonda to Mike Benge, a former civilian POW in the Hanoi Hilton. The response is below.
Apparently, enough folks have misinterpreted his (and others) comments over the years that it has all blended badly.
I write as a retired Special Forces soldier with two tours in the Central Highlands. Mike Benge speaks for a lot of us.
George
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: BENGEMIKE@aol.com
To: gnbrtgrunt@comcast.net
Sent: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 21:32:18 -0000 (UTC)
Subject: REDUX Jane Fonda and Attribution


REFERENCE emails; AVOID THE
MOVIE "THE BUTLER"
:”TRAITOR !!!!”;
“Remember her?”; “A TRAITOR IS ABOUT TO BE HONORED”; “Never Forgive A Traitor”;
and "Jane Fonda is being honored as one of the "100 Women of the
Century"

Versions of these emails have
been circulating for around for more than 20 years. As much as I dislike
the treasonous and lying Jane Fonda, I also dislike disinformation.  Therefore, I must inform you that these
emails are
hoaxes (see: 
http://www.snopes.com/military/fonda.asp ) if you are to
believe this blog who many say is "liberal" and has all too often defended Obama
when he stretches the truth.  Now
some one has added to this 20 year old email, “…
now
President Obama wants to honor her......!!!!   Come on, Obama may be a bad President,
but this also is not true.

Although both Jerry Driscoll
and Larry Carrigan were tortured by the North Vietnamese, both say what is
stated in this email never happened and is a hoax.  You can find their disclaimer on the NAMPOW
webpage ( 
www.nampows.org/).  Besides, why
would the pilots hand anything to Jane Fonda for the North Vietnamese regularly
broadcast propaganda programs featuring Jane Fond's ilk.  At least give the
POWs some credit for not being brainwashed and
stupid. 

The third part was
excerpted from an article I wrote "Not Fonda Jane" that was published in
U.S. Veterans Dispatch.  However, the hoaxter cherry picked what
he wanted from my article and put his own ending.  People researching the
POW/MIA issues say that they cannot find any evidence in government archives
that RONALD D. SAMPSON, CMSgt,
USAF 
ever existed.  Unfortunately, you have fallen victim to
an URBAN LEGEND. 

Nevertheless, Fond has never apologized to
the veterans for her collaboration with the communist Vietnamese during the
Vietnam War and her numerous lies, such as the POWs were never tortured by their
captors.  We were shown a movie in
which Fonda was shown to gleefully, like a child being given ice cream and told
after you finish it, you can go for a ride on the merry-go-round, being helped
and sitting in the anti-aircraft gun and pretending she was shooting down
American airplanes; smiling and laughing as she did.  Her defense is a lie; she claims that
they forced her to sit in it for a photo-op, and her half-assed attempt at an
apology to the veterans is that they misunderstood her, and she was sorry about
the picture; however, her sorrow is that the picture lives on in infamy and is
proof of her treasonous ways.  Her
actions shamed her father Henry, an honorable man, and Nancy Reagan must have
rolled over in her grave when Fonda played her in the “Butler.”         

 Regards, Mike Benge VN POW
'68-73        

PS: I saw a letter supposedly
from Barbara WaWa claiming she never honored Jane Fonda as one of the
"100 Women of the Century", but who knows if this is not also a hoax.  Now
in this version, they've tacked on that Obama is going to honor her, while
other emails have stated that it was Barbara Walters who was going to honor
Traitor Jane. I have little faith in Barbara WaWa, who interviewed a group
of POWs soon after our release, including me, and she was rude and so full of
herself (and still is), and was not interested in hearing the truth about
Vietnam.   I have serious
doubts that Barbara WaWa, as in this email, ever said "Thank you all. Many
died in Vietnam for our
freedoms.  I did not like Jane Fonda then and I don't like her
now.  She can lead her present life the way she wants
and perhaps SHE can forget the past, but we DO NOT have to
stand by without comment and see her "honored" as a ‘Woman of the
Century’."  I challenge anyone and everyone to prove me wrong and provide
me with a valid citation that WaWa ever said this; and please not one from
SNOPES.  

**********

Soon after my release from Hanoi in 1973, if
I remember correctly, I was being interviewed by Bob Grant in NY
on one of the nation's most popular nation-wide conservative radio program
at that time.  While "on the air,"
he asked me what I thought of Jane Fonda.  I replied that "Jane Fonda
is an excellent actress who intensely understudies the various people whose
role she plays in the movies and goes out and actually lives the
lives of these people; take for example the movie Klute where she
portrayed a prostitute.  

Hollywood has portrayed many of the most
despicable people as sort of heroes, for example" psychotic Billy William Bonny
aka Billy the Kid, who flunked out of every half-way house in the old West,
killing anyone who dared to look him in the eye; Bonny and Clyde, the most
viscous couple who evaded a marriage counsel and left the South West strewn
with corpses of those that got in their way during their bank robberies; and
Jessie and Frank James, who would rather rob trains than work.   

I can see Hollywood now making heroes out of
the murderous Vietnamese communists with Clyde Beatty playing the role of Ho Chi
Minh, George McGovern playing the part of Le Duan the First Secretary of
the Communist Party's Central Committee, and Jane Fonda playing the
part of Madame Nguyen Thi Binh, the token head of the National Liberation
Front.  This will be a movie equally
as historically accurate as those of Billy the Kid, Jesse James, and Bonnie and
Clyde."   I then played Dolf'
Droge's song "The Ballad of Dead" (about the 5,000 men, women and children
deliberately murdered by the North Vietnamese as a policy during the TET attack
on Hue in 1968) and dedicated it to Fonda. 
The radio show host cut to advertisement for he was afraid that he might
kicked of the air by the FCC for my statements (not like today), so I wrote him
a note saying I was responsible for what I said and he had no knowledge of what
I was going to say.  

 Mike Benge VN POW
'68-73       

5 comments:

wirecutter said...

Your email sender's a regular reader of mine and a straight shooter.

Anonymous said...

I reiterate: I hate the bitch Fonda.

I didn't mean to toss gas on the fire but I figured posting the Snopes article for what it was worth might bring out what the real deal was.

Jesse in DC said...

You realize the "snopes" fact finders are a couple of Leftards working out of there home right? Not exactly paragons of unbiased honesty. Try "Fact Check.org" instead.

Anonymous said...

I apologize. I didn't mean to suggest you were making shit up but I read my comment on that thread and it sounds like I was.
That said...
I despise that bitch with great enthusiasm.
maxx

wirecutter said...

Actually Jesse, if you'll go to POWnetwork.org you'll find they say the same thing that George did. POWs and MIAs from Vietnam are a passion of mine and I got a huge amount of info from them.
Also, as I stated, the George that Angel mentioned is a long time commenter and an SF vet as well as an author on his time in Vietnam. We've conversed quite a bit and I trust him explicitly on matters concerning that war. What he said is true, I've checked it out myself.
But yeah, I hate that Fonda cunt as much as anyboy else.