Thursday, November 6, 2014

Shut. Up.

I managed to mangle my indestructible, plastic framed geek glasses. I sat on them. Shut up. So I took them in to Eyemart Express, handed them to the young lady who promptly looked at them and said, "Can you come back in a few hours? I'll have to put them in a different frame." Then she looked through them and said one of the following:


She apologized, and attempted to heat them and return to somewhat close to original shape. They are sadly hanging on to my ears and so close to my face that my nearly non-existant eyelashes are bumping the backs of the lenses. Looks like I need to get some new ones next week and put these in my emergency backup when SHTF glasses collection.

And yes, I am fucking blind. Shut. Up.

13 comments:

North Texan said...

Got my last 2 pair of glasses from zenni optical online. You might not be able to wait that long. But its way cheaper.

B said...

I concur on Zenni Optical. Best deal yer gonna find, good quality and fairly fast delivery for mail order.

hiswiserangel said...

How does it work? Do you mail them your frames?

Jesse in DC said...

Damn, I hate the non intentional eyeglass frame adjustment. I set mine down sometimes when I am working and need to see something up close. Then I find them right after I use them for a fulcrum...Thank god for wire frames and needle nose pliers...

Irish said...

I can't imagine ANY of the males that comment here even trying to discuss HOW you "mangled" them. ;-)

hiswiserangel said...

IRISH!

B said...

Nope you look online and send them your prescription along with your frame order. 10 days later you get new glasses

good ones, cheap.

Zennioptical.com

Wraith said...

Would that you could sit on my glasses...! ;)

Bikermailman said...

-9.0 here, I sympathize. Added bifocals this year. Got the lineless lenses, they work great, and the multifocal contacts are amazing!

hiswiserangel said...

Wraith, you can keep IRISH company in the Naughty Corner.

wirecutter said...

Man, so many comments to make...

hiswiserangel said...

wc, go ahead, I may get to ban you yet.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty blind too. Most of my so-called friends say the #1 survey question comment above. Shit, some claim they can see through time with them ...