Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Snow Day!!!!



We had a front move in last night, rain turning to freezing rain turning to snow. Now with all due respect to MissK and other Northern-dwelling snowbound nutjobs, this is a big effing deal (don't want to pay royalities to Joe Bite-me). We currently have 8 inches and still falling. Six am, the phone buzzes with a school text "School will start at 9 am". Okay, cool, back to sleep. Seven am: "School will start at 10 am, busses on pavement only." Dude, got it. Back to sleep. Eight am: "Fuck it, stay home." Really?! What changed in two hours that you couldn't have made that decision at 6 and let me sleep?

So the girls are up and restless. The Baby Queen has been standing at the patio door for the last 30 minutes staring into the swirling whiteness. She's going to be snowblind. I really need to get out and start shoveling, but it's still coming down pretty heavily, AND I'm lazy. I'll do it later. Of course, if I wait a couple of days, it'll be 65 and sunny and won't really matter, now will it? My cell phone has been out for a couple of hours and we just got internet back. I'll pop in every now and then just to make sure the world is still there. Until then, a personal note for angrymike, I owe you one buddy. Fargin bastich.

And to make me feel better, I'm going to rag on MissK a while...

Yeah, explain this to the insurance company.


 

 

 

 

3 comments:

MissK said...

LMFAO It's all true.... I can't deny any of it :D

This is funny, thanks. I got one in the works for you too Hon ;-)

angrymike said...

Well I hope you didn't get any of that "brain freeze" you said I have............:-D

Wraith said...

Point of order--if you have a male weather reporter, it ain't anywhere near eight inches no matter what he says!! ;)