Friday, February 15, 2013

Like Winning the Lottery

I come back from a kick-ass day in the Big A, where I helped a good friend take a step towards freedom and got her in the range for the first time in her life. Do y'all remember the VERY FIRST TIME you held a firearm, aimed at a target and pulled the trigger? Y'all remember the feeling of exhilaration, adrenaline coursing through your veins and at the same time your focus crystal clear on the target, smell of gunpowder in your nose, the sound of brass hitting the floor? Remember? I thought Tammy was going to need a minute to collect herself. She was MOVED. I haven't seen her smile like that in a very long time, and I was honored and humbled to be a part of her awakening. She's all signed up for Basic and CCL class with a beautiful Colt Defender .45 ACP (so freaking jealous) that her dad gave her for Christmas. With that feeling still singing through us, we headed to Jorge's for margaritas and Mexican food. Mostly margaritas. And harassing the poor little waiter (wonder if his mom knew where he was). Just lots of fun and laughter. Maybe sometime I'll tell y'all about the Tourette's jewelry line we created (probably only funny after a couple of drinks). Sorry, Terry, no cute little peep-toe CFMs, but I did get a chain saw at Home Depot. (Jeremy, Aisle 15 is why I get Christmas cards from Home Depot every year).

THEN I get home and start surfing the blogs to see what I've missed. And saw this:

http://iiipercent.blogspot.com/2013/02/a-warm-weather-citadel.html



A Citadel? In TEXAS? Yee-haw! Hell yeah, and Holy Guacamole! I am a Texan, top to bottom and inside out, born, reared, and soul-deep. I am a Texas Rose, a Lone Star Lady. I have always loved my dear Republic (you call it State) of Texas, but I was willing to move wherever Freedom and Liberty reigned. But now, you're telling me there could be a Citadel in my beloved Texas? Hot damn and pass the gravy! The original plans for a Citadel in Idaho are still a go, still a great plan for Liberty-loving Patriots. This is just, to borrow an old ad line, doubling the pleasure.

A Texas Citadel, the words roll off the tongue like bluebonnet honey. Sweet and pure. Damn, I can't stop grinning.


5 comments:

Jason said...

I love mine.

hiswiserangel said...

Your Texas woman, Jason? Or your Colt Defender .45ACP? Either answer is acceptable, but the first one is sweeter. :-)

JeremyR said...

I started a war in Home depot today. Seriously!
My cat had kittens a few weeks back, and they were ready for new homes. I put an ad out and got several calls. I arranged to meet the prospects with my babies, and afterward, headed to Home depot to get a few things.
I had one kitten left, and rather then leaving him in the car, took him inside. Or rather I had the kid with me carry him inside. He needs to meet a good woman, and kittens are chick magnets.
Two of the assistants got into an argument over which of them was taking him home. The kitten, not my helper.
Guess I'm gonna hafta find him a mexican woman.

Keads said...

A Colt Defender? Wow! Good on you for taking her to the range. Sounds like fun!

I love my Defender, but it is something to master. It's a bit uh, "stiff". So now a friend that has an M&P .45 and I are going to try to see how low we can go on powder on reloads to cycle both handguns.

We will of course chronograph bullet speeds too. Well because we can.

Jason said...

My Texas woman, that is. However I do have a great & unmatched love for my guns that wife gives me space for.

I am blessed.