Monday, April 15, 2013

Yeah, I can live with that.



Right wing nut. Right wingnut. I've heard it so often as a slur, I decided to make that bitch my own.

A wing nut, according to Wikipedia (if they say it in Wiki, it has to be true ~snark~):

Wingnut (hardware), a nut with a pair of wings to enable it to be turned without tools, used where frequent adjustments are needed or part removal can be made quickly at some later stage

So, it is something used to hold parts of a functioning piece of equipment together, like a nation; that can be adjusted on the fly without tools; that can be loosed to remove broken parts; and that, when turned to the RIGHT, tightens and secures the structure, and when turned to the LEFT, things become unstable and fall apart.

Yeah, I'm a right-turning wing nut. Thank you.

7 comments:

crankyjohn said...

I can see that.

Anonymous said...

Nice! I can get behind that. Why shouldn't we redefine or take phrases to suit our purposes? They do it all the time to the detriment of everyone, we should be able to do it to be honest and get stuff done.

-Concerned Mama

crankyjohn said...

May as well call ourselves what we want, define ourselves. I REFUSE to call leftist fascists liberals.

Anonymous said...

Me too honey ME TOO---- Ray

Spud said...

As I'm Liberal
So was Benjamin Franklin...

LC Aggie Sith said...

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for this. Gonna go get the biggest one I can find.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.