Sunday, August 4, 2013

Thank you Heroditus, I love homework

Sweet! Heroditus Huxley (The anti-soma) nominated me for the Liebster Blog award. For this next part, I'm going to cut and paste because it's Sunday and I'm lazy.

As with all blog awards, there are rules:HOW TO ACCEPT THE AWARD: The Liebster Blog Award is a way to recognize blogs who have less than 200 followers.  Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued.  Here are the rules for accepting the award:
 1.      Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
 2.      List 11 random facts about yourself.
 3.      Answer the 11 questions given to you.
 4.      Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
 5.      Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
 6.      Go to each blogger's page and let them know you have nominated them. 

So here goes:

1. Thank you Heroditus Huxley

2. a. I can't ride a bicycle, no balance, but I can crash spectacularly.
    b. I started my college career with visions of pre-law. I ended up a disc jockey.
    c. I'm terrified of moths.
    d. I have mild OCD and can't enter or leave a room without doing a small ritual.
    e. I'm pretty sure I've seen a ghost.
    f. I crochet in the winter.
    g. I love to rappel, I've also bungee jumped from a platform and a hot air balloon.
    h. I always cry during Red Dawn.
    i.  I wanted to be a super hero when I grew up. I still fancy capes. Elastagirl is my hero.
    j.  I have a secret no one knows that I will take to my grave.
    k. I have never had a cup of coffee.

3. a. Who is your favorite author and why? Kim Harrison, The Hollows series, Rachel Mariana Morgan is a kick-ass redhead witch.

    b. What is your favorite adult beverage? Whiskey.

    c. Which Biblical verse (or other spiritual text quote) is the most meaningful to you and why?
         Ephesians 6:13 "13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand."

    d. What's the coolest, bestest, most exciting thing you've ever done? Having my daughters.

    e. What is your favorite weapon and why? Sig Sauer P239 9mm, first gun I bought for myself.

    f. What is your favorite sport in which to participate (watching it on TV from the couch doesn't count)? I wish I had HH's answer, but mine isn't as titillating. Whitewater rafting. Love it.

    g. At what event (past, present, real or fictional) would you want to be present and why? I would love to be there when my great uncle Jay Evans disappeared. We have no idea what happened to him. I'd just like to know.

    h. What is the weirdest food combination that you like at which others raise an eyebrow? Peanut butter on my waffles.

    i. What is your biggest hypocrisy or double standard? I can forgive others easier than myself.

    j. What was your first car and would you own it again? 1965 Mustang, fuck yeah.

    k. Which unfulfilled dream of yours do you most want to achieve in your lifetime and why? The one at the top is too personal to share here, but #2 is throwing a blowout Blogger weekend that will go down in infamy.

4. I'm passing on the above questions to those I nominate. Good questions and I'm too lazy to come up with different ones.

5. Eleven blogs I want to nominate, my apologies in advance.
    a. Doubletroubletwo
    b. ItAin'tHolyWater
    c. TheVoicesInMyHead
    d. SickoftheStatusQuo
    e. PitsnipesGripes
    f. YourCrazyUncleBubba
    g. AngryMike'sHood
    h. KansasRedneck
    i. WeirdandPissedOff
    j. TheVulgarCurmudgeon
    k. Robert'sGunShop

I'll be visiting each of you presently. Have fun with the questions!

Angel

Oh, and the first part of this is fucked up because I cut and pasted and something happened and I'm too technically illiterate to fix it. Sorry.

7 comments:

Robert Fowler said...

" Peanut butter on my waffles."

OK. I hear there are people that don't put peanut butter on waffles/pancakes. It's one of my all time breakfast foods, other than biscuits and gravy.

hiswiserangel said...

My people! I knew I liked you, Robert.

Angel eyes said...

E,J.

Phil said...

Thanks for the consideration Angel, that was sweet. Unfortunately I am going to have to beg off on this one.
Way too much time involved.
I work six days a week on Swingshift and that just screws up a day like you wouldn't believe.

hiswiserangel said...

Which E,J Angel Eyes? The random facts or the question answers? Or the bloggers?

Anonymous said...

What kind of whiskey?

fitty

hiswiserangel said...

fitty, I love GlenDronach 33 year Single Malt Scotch Whiskey, but day's like today, I'll take anything.