Sunday, August 11, 2013

Yummy zucchini bread

I don't know about y'all, but my garden is lousy with squash. I honestly don't remember planting that much squash. I have canned and frozen and fried and casseroled and gifted probably hundreds of the little green and yellow suckers, and there are bushels left on the vine. People are starting to turn and walk away when they see me, they won't answer the door when I knock, it's starting to affect my self-esteem.

And then I found this recipe. No added sugar, it gets it's sweetness from unsweetened applesauce, bananas and Stevia. Oh, and the chocolate chips. But still. Give it a try. Maybe if I show up with a loaf, the recipe and a bag of zucchs, they'll welcome me again.

 

4 comments:

David Forward said...

Here's another chocolate chip banana bread recipe that follows the Paleo dietary guidelines. We've made it many times and really enjoy it. There are a whole bunch of variations that are also great.

http://www.avocadobarrel.com/primal-food/paleo-chocolate-chip-banana-bread/

By the way, since switching to a 80/20 Paleo diet I've dropped 45 pounds in 6 months (245 to 200) and am still loosing while indulging. Not bad for a crippled (limited physical movements) 65 year old!

David Forward said...

Sorry, I meant to share a chocolate zucchini recipe! It's also great...

http://livinghealthywithchocolate.com/desserts/best-chocolate-zucchini-bread-gluten-free-paleo-1566/

Anonymous said...

My whole garden craped out this year. I got like 6 tomatoes off 8 plants my peas and squash died. I have peppers forming but other than that I got nothing. I could have bought a bunch of vegies for what I put in in plants and water. I think I live in thesame aera as Crazy Uncle Bubba. I need to ask his secret for North TX gardening.
Riley

Blondes do have more fun ;) said...

My garden didnt do anything this year, to much rain not enough sun... it was very disappointing. I love zucchini bread, always a yummy pick me up!