Friday, November 22, 2013

Oh my. Bacon Cashew Caramel Popcorn

You want a sweet, salty, savory munchy for the games this weekend? Or how about a kickass homemade gift for loved ones this Christmas? Give them a beautiful tin of this bacony yum.



Ingredients

½ Cup of unpopped popcorn kernels
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
Bacon, chopped
½ Cup of unsalted raw cashews
1 Teaspoon of coarse kosher salt or coarse sea salt
¼ Teaspoon of cayenne pepper
¼ Cup of heavy whipping cream
Olive oil or vegetable oil spray
1 ½ Cups of sugar
¼ Cup of water
2 tablespoons of light corn syrup (optional)


Procedure:

http://www.goodchefbadchef.com.au/recipes/480-bacon-and-cashew-caramel-popcorn

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got to try that when I'm done the kitchen renovation. I started drooling just reading the title.

Al_in_Ottawa

VonZorch said...

Sounds good. I am going to make some up for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Ooh! This looks really tasty! Have you made this yet?

-CM

hiswiserangel said...

We're making this today, I'm going to eyeball the amount of bacon, as I've noticed that recipes never call for enough bacon. I'll let you know how it comes out.

Anonymous said...

Sounds good! They never put enough bacon do they? It's usually just enough for a hint of bacon flavor and nothing else. Hope you girls have a fun day!

-CM