Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A daily discussion

I don't know about y'all, but I have this discussion at least once or twice a day. The older the person, the more likely the response will be something like, "Oh yeah! That's right, I learned that in school X-number of years ago..."

Younger people will argue with you, "No! We're a Democracy! My teacher says so, the President says so! One person, one vote!" To which I respond, "One man, one vote, what about Bush and Obama's Executive Orders? Did you get to vote then?" Flustered response, "Well, I voted FOR President X, so yeah I voted for him to take action...." Then it becomes a race to see who's head explodes first.

I'm thinking of streamlining it a bit and having this printed on business cards. Just hand 'em out and move on....


6 comments:

Bobo the Hobo said...

It is getting to the point where I need to be sedated when listening to "political" discussions; I absolutely come unglued when I hear "We are a democracy".

DaddyClaxton said...

Correction : We WERE a Republic ... however briefly. The Constitutional Republic AKA The U.S.A is GONE ... has been for some time.

JeremyR said...

Saudi Arabia has a King, it is a kingdom. Monaco has a Prince, it is a principality. We have Michelle Obama, we are a country.

Anonymous said...

A Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for lunch. In a Democracy 51% of the people can vote to do whatever they want to the other 49%.

Our Republic was based on individual rights, it's a shame we pissed it all away.

David Martin

TinCan Assassin said...

Remember this line? I said it every day for 12 years: ...and to the Republic, for which it stands, one Nation, under God, indivisible...

DaddyClaxton said...

David M .. you forgot the best part of the saying. In a Republic, the sheep has a gun ...