Friday, August 7, 2015

Reminds me of being pregnant with Teen Queen


I was a full two weeks past my due date, and when she did arrive, she was 9 lbs 8 oz. I was HUGELY pregnant, waddling, and generally scared the shit out of everyone around me. If I sneezed or coughed, everything came to a silent halt until they were sure I didn't drop the kid. I was teaching at the time and had to go to graduation ceremony one week before I finally delivered. You know those huge black robes people wear to graduation? Yeah, mine looked like a tight black dress. The crowd was chatting, noisy, as the faculty filed on stage. Until I stepped out. I swear everything came to a complete halt as I walked across the stage and there was an audible collective sigh of relief when I finally sat down.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mine was 3 weeks past and came in at a hefty 10 lbs

needless to say, there can be only one

Anonymous said...

Our first kid was born about 10 days after my wife's college graduation. Looked like a damn float in her graduation gown - she was huge (but still beautiful). Of course she was emotional as hell - she deserved that one though.

My aunts were sitting in the bleachers and overheard some of the people next to them discussing my wife's appearance.

YOU SEE THAT LADY - SHE'S PREGNANT. AND SHE'S GONNA HAVE THAT BABY NOW!!

Anonymous said...

women in the last trimester should NOT go to comedy clubs...just sayin.....

vaquero viejo