Thursday, December 17, 2015

Meet Maximus Puppinus

This is after he spent 20 minutes patrolling the backyard marking his territory.


Max is a mess, serious need of grooming.
Apparently he's a West Highland terrier mix.
I think.


The Hallmark moment was ruined by freezing temps and 30 mph winds.
Teen Queen, upon meeting Max:
"Max! Where have you been all my life!"
Baby Queen, upon meeting Max:
"Wahhhhhh!"
We have a Love Triangle brewing.
TQ loves Max.
Max loves BQ.
BQ wants nothing to do with Max.


Okay, I've never had a boy dog before.
Whole new ballgame.
Charlie was a sweet dainty female who
truly seemed embarrassed by her potty needs.
Max just did his first business in his new yard and 
I have a couple of observations.
First, he's ambidextrous, showing peeing skill from either side.
Second, the post-pooping grass kick is a new phenomenon for me.
This little dog has some powerful back legs.



16 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute.
Why didn't you get one with eyes? :-)
Terry
Fla.

pigpen51 said...

I thought he was a west Texas terrier??

Kim Karrison said...

You two are soooo gonna have fun together!!

Anonymous said...

My buddy has a Westie with diabetes. Be careful on how much people food, especially carbohydrates, that you and the girls give it. You don't want to be giving it injections twice a day.

Al_in_Ottawa

Stackz O Magz said...

I'm going to lean towards Westie and Schnauzer. I hope he brings you nothing but joy!

Robert Fowler said...

Wait until he starts making all of his territory in the house. We will never have another male dog.

hiswiserangel said...

He's been neutered.
And hasn't shown any indication of
doing that inside.

Chams90 said...

Its part of his marking whats his just like the peeing

Deb said...

He is adorable!

DragonLW said...

Congrats on the new addition!!!

wirecutter said...

Don't even try to figure out the parentage. It'll drive you crazy.

wirecutter said...

Uh-oh. Deb comes over her too?

Anonymous said...

when i read the post yesterday i pictured a dog in my mind
and i'll be damned he pretty much looks like what i imagined..

dogs are a gift from god
cats not so much..

hiswiserangel said...

Right now his parentage is me, I'm his mom.
And Deb does make the occasional visit.

jimmie said...

My Mollie does the post poop kicking. She's so happy and excited she'll come running right at me when she's done.

jimmie said...

My Mollie does the post poop kicking. She's so happy and excited she'll come running right at me when she's done.