Sunday, December 27, 2015

The God's honest truth


Even though I've had several reasons, very good reasons, to be offended lately, I'm just not that easy to offend. First off, the offense has to come from someone I hold in high regard. Anyone else? Their opinions of me just don't matter. The people I respect also know and respect me. Second, if someone I respect says something that tweaks me, I have to consider the intent. Were they yanking my chain? I have no reason to be offended. Were they serious? Well now, let's talk about it. You see, people I respect are good friends, and good friends can talk to each other when things like that happen. You can honestly say, "Hey, what the fuck?" and have a good convo to hash things out. If they can't be hashed out, then you make a choice, forgive or leave. But having ongoing shit throwing contests? Resorting to playground bully tactics?  Whining about butthurt and doing sneaky underhanded shit that just isn't necessary but will brand you a weak-ass crybaby? I simply don't have time for that fuckery.

17 comments:

wirecutter said...

I'm assuming you're talking about a specific squirrel that slandered one of his investors when she asked what happened to her money?
No wonder none of their money making ventures have succeeded. You're supposed to play nice with folks that give you money.

Jesse in DC said...

Heh, if dueling were legal, there would be far fewer Naggy Thatchers in the world...

hiswiserangel said...

Naw, wc, not naming any names lest someone's tighty whities get in a bunch.

wirecutter said...

Don't say whities. That could be construed as racist and land you in court where you'll get Behavior Modified too.

hiswiserangel said...

Well, he's currently TRYING a lot of peoples' patience.

Jesse in DC said...

Oh! Oh! Is there a prize if we guess it correctly?

Anonymous said...

Wish Barry would challenge a few world leaders or even a few in the GOP, could be a legal way to get rid of the prick. Either way I like it, manly way to move on & remove assholes from society.

weaponoffishdestruction@gmail.com said...

I always say the only way you could offend me is if you were to go around and offer everyone cake except me. Lol

rickn8or said...

As Heinlein said, "An armed society is a polite society."

RabidAlien said...

Heh. I often tell people that I'm hard to offend. Many have tried. But what they fail to understand, these days, is that I served on submarines with some of the crustiest, most profane bastards to ever grasp the concept of nuclear physics. The insult wars were numerous, fast-paced, and legendary. The only way to truly offend me is to turn your insults towards those I care about when they're not around to defend themselves. Resorting to those preschool tactics *will* offend me, and the person offering that form of warfare will subsequently be schooled in the errors of their ways. Its been tried before.

Anonymous said...

hey red
watch your 6

anon ;-)

hiswiserangel said...

Anon, is that a threat?

No matter, I have good friends who have my six.
Plus a lawyer who's been kept up to date with what's going on and a Sheriff's department who've known us since 1999, and who've also been kept up to date with the recent unwarranted attacks.
My 6 is covered.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see your '6'..uncovered

i'm sorry..I'm going to the corner

Robert Fowler said...

I don't think I have ever offended you. that can on;y mean one of two things' Under the crust I really am a nice guy or I need to try harder;)

Anonymous said...

no threat intended
hope you didn't take it as one
and reading your comment it seems like you got it covered
and i'm happy to hear that

anon ;-)

Anonymous said...

again, Wise Angel One, you are taking the high ground ( and the road to less heartburn and stress)....if they don't count, what they say don't matter....you are again, most wise, M'Lady...

Unknown said...

I asked some asshole if he wanted me to pretend to give a shit about his opinion. I guess it offended him.