Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Hey Angel, what did you get for your birthday?

Well, yesterday I got a lovely bottle of Jameson from a friend and I bought myself a Ruger LC380 because Snowflakes give me the sads and I needed a new safe place. I was planning on taking Rolf the Ruger to the range tomorrow for a little getting to know you time, but LIFE gave me a birthday gift while I was sleeping.

Woke up at three with a fever, every joint from my hips down felt like they were under siege, and an elephant was sitting on my chest. My eyes felt like burning sandpaper and I don't know what shit in my mouth before dying, but yeah....I have flu. More like FLU. I managed to get the chicks dressed and off to school, and then I posted something that made a couple of readers do spit takes. Yay me!
Down for a few hours. Up to do mischief, down for a couple hours; up to get Cute Chicks, down again and I can't get up.

So this post is brought to you by Hot Toddies and Nyquil Cold and Flu. Enjoy.


12 comments:

Andrew said...

Sorry you are feeling run over, but...

Did you have to post the psycodelic glow-in-the-dark moving poster thingy? I think I wore half my battery down staring at it.

Get better so you can shoot something.

Terry said...

Shoot while sick. You don't get to pick when you need that skill.
And happy 50+1 day. But who is counting. :)
Terry
Fla.

Jesse in DC said...

Holy Cow!!! Where was that 30 years ago?

Bobo the Hobo said...

Nyquil shooters cure anything. Even if they don't, you don't care.

oldawg said...

I find that a Nyquil and Jim Beam boilermaker Will allow you to nap a little.

Anonymous said...

get better soon

from that nasty

Wildflower

wirecutter said...

Whoa. Badass, I'm stealing that fucker.

Anonymous said...

get well soon....and send more whatever-the-hell that is.......I'm thinkin it should come with appropriate music ...Jimi Hendrix?


vaquero viejo

oldawg said...

Think I'll dig out an Iron Butterfly 8track an some flu cure. See yall next week.

Jim in Alaska said...

Hum. Bottle of Jameson.

You could try the Irish cold (flu) cure: Hop in bed with the Jameson. Pull the covers up so your feet stick out. Count them, if you come up with 2 drink a shot of Jameson. Count then again & if you come up with 2 drink a shot of Jameson.

Repeat until you count 4 feet, put aside the bottle snuggle under the covers and when you awake your be right!

Anonymous said...

DUDE!! I want some of that dose---Seriously I would have spent all day staring at that 35 years ago.---Ray

iOpener said...

I swiped it. Beautiful, the music of Mozart made somewhat visible.