- 1/2 lb ground beef (or any ground meat you fancy)
- 1 pound bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese,, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, (wirecutter turned me on to THIS)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- chips of choice (for serving)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- diced fresh tomato (optional)
- chopped dill pickles (optional)
Cook the ground beef in a pan over medium heat, set it aside and drain the grease from the pan.
Cook the bacon in the pan until crispy, about 6-10 minutes, set aside and drain all but a tablespoon of the grease.
Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
Mix the ground beef, bacon, onions and garlic, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, mozzarella, cheddar, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup and pour it into a baking dish.
Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the top starts turning a light golden brown and then sides are bubbling, about 20-30 minutes.
Serve with chips and shredded lettuce, diced fresh tomatoes and chopped dill pickles (to top it).