Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Today has been one of those days

I bounced (ha ha) out of bed this morning at 6 a.m., in the dark, and realized it was going to be a tough one. I will spare you the details, but the intestinal yuck has been sweeping through the Panhandle and it hit me sometime during the night. Great.

Got the girls up, lunches packed, and laid out their clothes for the day, minus undies because I haven't done laundry in 4 days and of course they're out of undies. So a quick load, wash, dry, voila! undies. Most of you were relieved of the duty of dressing your kids when they were still kids. I will probably do this to a certain degree for the rest of their lives.TQ has no sartorial sense and will go out looking like a rodeo clown, and BQ is an avowed nudist and will go out looking like, well, Lady Godiva. Not acceptable.

So girls at school, back home, load of dishes in the dishwasher, laundry sorted and started (4 freaking loads?! really?!), and I crash on the couch, thinking just a few minutes. Two and a half hours later... continue laundry and sit down to tackle a couple of writing projects I've had simmering for a while. I think I have one covered and hope to have the other finished by the weekend.

And then I realize it's time to pick up the cute chicks. WTF? Where did the day go? Get home, snacks and homework out of the way and I check my blog. Shocked! Shocked, I say. There isn't a freaking thing posted today! What the hell happened to my Blog Fairy? She is so fired.

So this is my apology/excuse for slacking on the posting today. I hope you'll forgive me.

7 comments:

catfish said...

Well, since you're a redhead I'll forgive you. But only because you're a redhead! *snicker, snicker*

mdknighthawk said...

I read every day, just dont post unless I have something to say, sorry

hiswiserangel said...

Well, bless your heart mdknighthawk, that made my day. :-)
And thanks for not being one of the smartasses (they know who they are).

Corey said...

I always make sure i own at least 14 pairs of underwear. That way I can go 2 weeks without laundry.

idahobob said...

Smartasses.....who you be callin' smartasses?

Angel eyes said...

We know who we are?
I mean, who are they, lemme at'em!

Leigh said...

You'd be bored to death without us.

Besides, we haven't been threatened with the ban-hammer yet - so we can't be THAT bad!

Leigh
Whitehall, NY