Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Creativity in the High Plains

Having lived here my entire life, I know tumbleweeds. I have very interesting tumbleweed stories. I was driving behind one of those smartcar things on Hwy 60 when a rather largish tumbleweed rolled across two lanes and completely engulfed it. Almost half a mile of swerving and what I can only imagine colorful language, and the thing finally dislodged and rolled on to menace other hybrids. I worked at TEXAS Musical Drama in beautiful Palo Duro Canyon every summer during high school. I remember many Yankees who'd come down and fall in love with the damned things. One lady who looked straight out of casting for The Sopranos enlisted my aid in packing and shipping one home to Jersey so she could have it bronzed for her gardens. Some people have more money than sense. I imagine they'll be contacting this guy soon.


I have some rare tumbleweeds for sale. Please come look and take your pick.
These are hard to come by around here. Get yourself one, a trunk full, a truck full, or a whole yard full. Come give me an offer. I will not refuse a good dollar. 20 bucks is 20 bucks ya know...

http://clovis.craigslist.org/grd/4307973997.html



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Local irrigation district got the bright idea to clean the irrigation ditches tumbleweed infestation out by setting fire to the varmints. That went ... poorly.

Anonymous said...

What happens if you burn 'em?---Ray