Monday, May 26, 2014

Inspirational words from a Navy SEAL



I sat through three commencement addresses. Three. I remember exactly zero. If this man had addressed my class, I can guarantee you I would have remembered. Especially the list of 10 Things to Help In Life.

1. Always make your bed.
2. Find someone to help you paddle.
3. Measure a person by the size of their heart, not the size of their flippers. *coughKerodincough*
4. Get over being a sugar cookie, and keep moving forward.
5. Don't be afraid of the circuses.
6. Sometimes you have to slide down the obstacles head first.
7. Don't back down from the sharks.
8. You must be your very best in the darkest moments.
9. Start singing when you're up to your neck in mud.
And 10.

Don't ever EVER ring the bell.

God bless the brave men and women who gave their all for us.

3 comments:

hiswiserangel said...

What the hell is that, K? :* ?!

Anonymous said...

I had my own 10 lessons from Ranger School. Amazing how they are totally different lessons. It is about half way down on this page.

http://newrebeluniv.wordpress.com/war-stories/

RabidAlien said...

Good stuff.