Thursday, December 19, 2013

Favorite

In honor of the rumor that Justin Beiber is retiring (he's not, sorry wirecutter), I offer you my favorite live performance of Life's Been Good. With several author notations.

1. I'm pretty sure at that point, Mr. Walsh only had a few functioning brain cells left over from the drugs and booze. They are all dedicated to music. The man can play the fuck out of a guitar.

2. Watch Glenn Frey. At the beginning, he's watching Walsh very closely and mouthing the lyrics. I think Frey knows exactly how many brain cells are left. He's also got a bad case of the giggles.

3. Frey and Don Henley look like the Bobsey Twins in their blue plaid shirts.

4. Could someone please give Timothy B. Schmit a goddamn sammich?

5. Oh and the horn section rocks.

Enjoy.





3 comments:

Keads said...

HEH!

Sarthurk said...

Joes latest album is brilliant!
He has a few more than just a few brain cells left.

Jeffery in Alabama said...

Old Joe is crazy. My wife and I saw the Eagles last month in Birmingham. That was the third time for us to have seen them and the best too. Joe didn't ham it up as much as in this clip, but he did change the words in that song several times and used, "I'm making records my fans they can't wait. They send me E-MAILS tell me I'm great"! A great night.