Friday, December 27, 2013

My sincerest apologies

We got back from NM Christmas Night, everybody fat and sassy, and then....

Both girls got up within 30 minutes of each other just after midnight with a stomach bug, then coughing, aches, fever and chills. Took 'em to the Urgent Care clinic for Tamiflu shots and a round of sympathy. For them, not for me. It's been two very very loooooonnnnggggg days, and they are still sickly. I'm hoping they turn the corner quickly; the Dr. said the Tamiflu should kick in and start turning things around. Until then, I'm Nurse Mommy and I'm going to be a little light with the posting.

Hugs y'all!

Angel

10 comments:

Brock Townsend said...

My aunt would give us farm boys honey and bourbon, then tuck us in.:)

Anonymous said...

Yeh, Big Hugs honey; The Munchkin ran from the couch to the toilet spewing all the way yesterday. I think Its goin' round---Ray

Angel eyes said...

Sounds like you have your hands full. Take your time, we'll be here. Oh, and cod liver oil was my mom's deal. I do think she sneaked some bourbon into that honey at times.

Keads said...

I hope they get well soon!

Heroditus Huxley said...

No worries--my five year old and three year old both have a nasty cold. I can't imagine your girls getting hit with all the crap a stomach bug dishes out, and then the flu.

RabidAlien said...

Yep, definitely something going around. My first day at work, a week ago, there were at least three people in various stages of the crud. I got the scratchy throat yesterday, now the post-nasal drip and bone-creaking shivers. Rah.

Pass that bourbon, if you don't mind? Thx.

AbbyS said...

{{hugs}}
Hope the young'uns feel better. Hope you stay immune!!!

~AbbyS

RabidAlien said...

BTW, this little recipe has helped a LOT:

1 tsp apple cider vinegar
3 tsp water
honey to taste

Hold your breath, chug that twice a day. My colds usually run their course in about a week....this one was knocked out in 3 days.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is Ughhhhminfucn8y come bury me. I feel like I died a couple days ago.

Anyway, hugs to you and try not to just bury hem, too.

Winston

RabidAlien said...

Sorry this is late, I forgot to look it up.

http://knowledgeweighsnothing.com/homemade-natural-decongestant/