Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Granny Get Your Gun!

I love this! I want to be this spunky in my 80s. You go, Violet Mears! Rock on with your bad self!

"I decided I had cooked enough meals and kept them hot for him all these years that one day I told him, 'You stay home. I'm goin' huntin.' Never been huntin' before," she said. So far she has bagged eight deer, one an 8-point buck. "I'm probably the oldest lady hunter on the Eastern Shore."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/12/05/violet-mears-82-year-old-deer-hunter/3876935/

5 comments:

Angel eyes said...

I have got to dig out my vids of my 82 year old mother shooting my irons!

Hi, sweetie!

hiswiserangel said...

Hey, darlin'! How've you been?

And I'd love to see those vids!

Angel eyes said...

Thanks for asking. Damn job is getting in my way, new (old, 70's) casa 90% moved in and painted and 50% sorted out and day by day.
AND just grabbed a 1968 Marlin 336 30-30 at a new LGS in town. Pre lock, nice bluing and sweet Walnut furniture!

hiswiserangel said...

Life gets beyond hectic sometimes. AND most men don't speak of their women that poetically. :-)

Angel eyes said...

I don't know what I did right, because that shit's been in short supply lately, but I'll take it!
Thank you!
I hope you are well.