Tuesday, December 31, 2013

So long 2013, welcome 2014

I've been fighting with myself all day about this post. Do I do the selfish thing, tell the world to fuck the fuck off, and go hide in the closet with a bottle of rum and my sagging spirits, and whimper in the New Year? Or do I pull up my Big Girl Panties, you know the black ones with the straps across the ass and the big red bow, put the patented WiserAngel grin on my face, stuff the pain and hurt and disappointments in a wee little box, and party like an Angel should? What would Jesus want me to do? What's the polar opposite of that?

So what does an Angel do who's lost good friends, found good friends, is currently mourning the most recent loss and not really sure how to let go? Bear in mind the meds I'm currently taking severely restrict alcohol consumption. I've wrestled my demons for two days; we're all exhausted and it's starting to look more like snuggling. I'm beginning to believe my most stable relationships are with my demons; they've never threatened to leave me, never turned their backs on me, and always seem to be there when I'm at my lowest.

So, with the advice of said demons tickling my brain, I offer this:

May we take every pain and disappointment 
and use them as armor instead of anchors. 
May we face the coming year with humor and grace, 
riding the waves instead of letting them roll us under. 
May 2013 Fuck the Fuckity Fuck off. 
It can pucker up and kiss my ass.


Happy New Year!


24 comments:

Wraith said...

That made it a VERY happy New Year for me!! God bless you and yours...and thanks for the morale boost! ;)

stevierayv said...

Could you please quit holding back and tell us what you really think.Oh and those warnings on the meds meh just suggestions.Get well soon!
May the coming year be a good one.

Phil said...

Now your talking.
Happy New Year my dear.

Phil

lineman said...

You Temptatious Wench...Keep Your Chin Up...Happy New Year...

Keads said...

Happy New Year! "Illegitimi non carborundum." Stay the course!

taminator013 said...

As a soon to be retired chemist, I would need to examine all the variables to be able to determine which action would be most appropriate in this situation. Therefore I would require photos of you in the big girl panties along with any other relevent data that is available. I only do this for purely scientific purposes...............

May your New Year be much better than the old one.

hiswiserangel said...

Taminator, you couldn't get the data you needed from that one pic?

Angel eyes said...

The first two sentences.
Period.

No, I'm not on mine. I'm a guy.
Hehe

Learning to Golf said...

Ohhhh, you've been naughty......a spanking and removing that bow are in order!

Happy New Year....it is starting off well.

Dan said...

You just brightened up New Years eve for a lot of lecherous readers. And in the old vaudeville tradition you leave em wanting to see more......

Mr. Miracle said...

Happy New Year, HWA, you lovely Texas lass! To you and all your readers. Great way to end the old year. Can't wait for some New Year....er....um....motivation. Party as hard as you can, sleep in tomorrow, then round up those panties, put em in the wash, and start all over again. Just remember, Rage against the dying of the light, for the alternative is not acceptable to folks of our ilk.

Gary7 said...

That's the spirit Angel! Keep fighting and laugh in the face of all the bad stuff and bastards. You are stronger than them. Thank you for making my 2013 a much better place through your writing and sharing. Have a very Happy New Year! Gary Seven

P.S. Nice big girl panties! They wouldn't hide the spank marks. ;-)

hiswiserangel said...

what is it with y'all wanting to spank me?!

Happy (safe and sane) New Year!

Unknown said...

Remember the words of Dylan (the good one) Thomas:
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Resolve to enjoy 2014, even as it makes you nostalgic for 2013, safe in the certainty it will be better than 2015.
Let's go out with banners flying.

-Rurik III

Gary7 said...

Well, we did want you to have a HAPPY New Year and ring in 2014 with a smile on your Angel face.

wirecutter said...

I'm seeing damned little advice and a whole lot of grinning going on here.

taminator013 said...

One variable does not a scientific method make......

hiswiserangel said...

I gave my best advice, wirecutter, and what the hell is wrong with grins?

Anonymous said...

Better late than never: Happy New Year! Keep your chin up, easier to pour the rum down that way ;)

Volfram said...

When life gives you lemons, PUNCH IT IN THE FACE!

Then take the lemons, because lemons are tasty.

idahobob said...

It's not us that necessarily want to spank you, but that you seem to want to be spanked.

Enjoy it a bit, do you?

Happy New Year!

Bob
III

lineman said...

Maybe that's what she tried a couple weeks ago and now she has a taste for it;-)

Anonymous said...

Angel, May the Best of your past be the Worst of your Future! Keep your chin up and when life knocks you down, come up swinging!
Meredith in Oklahoma

Xenolith said...

Been busier than a one legged man in a asskickin' contest here lately, So just got to this post.

2013 was a great year! I met you~ and knowing you will just make 2014 that much better!