Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The MLB All-Star Game



Love baseball, always have. Used to crush hard on Derek Jeter, captain and shortstop of the New York Yankees. Until my Gaydar pinged. The last couple of days, an announcement has been hyped about homosexuality and the Major League. Honoring the late Glenn Burke, former Athletic and openly gay (shocking that he should play for a Bay Area team. But there should be another announcement. I'm betting $100 to any takers that Jeter is coming out of the closet. This is his last All-Star game, he's retiring at the end of the season.  Now's the time, Jete. Declare your man-love and be done with it.


UPDATE:
First at bat, Jeter gets a standing ovation, calls of Derek Jeter! He quiets the fans by stepping into the batter's box. In the ensuing quiet you hear one lone voice chanting, "Over-Rated!" First pitch, patented inside out swing into the corner for a double. I love baseball. But Jeter's still gay.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is tough for me to admit these days. I grew up in The Bronx just down The Major Deegan Expressway from Yankee Stadium. In these post-Steinbrenner days, I find I have distanced myself. Keeping A-Rod WAY too long, especially wen he was more interested in flirting with ladies in the stands as they lost yet another playoff game, AND STRUCK OUT EVEN WITH THAT, was embarrassing to watch (How can - at the time - the highest paid player in MLB strike out with the ladies as well?).

I suppose if your speculation with Jeter is true, so many fans (as well as ladies who once swooned over him) will feel even further distanced from this once beloved and formidable Bronx Dynasty.

hiswiserangel said...

I agree A-rod was a waste of time and money and an embarrassment. Still love my Yankees.

But I have the same distancing from the Cowboys that you mention with the Yankees. Romo is Dallas' answer to A-rod.

Anonymous said...

Anybody who plays for the Yankees is usually over-hyped, like Jeter. Of course, Jeter will probably get into the baseball Hall of Fame on his first year of eligibility, while the HOF voters have kept out Alan Tramell, a very deserving player who needs to be in the HOF.

Of course, I tuned out the HOF when they banned Pete Rose. Rose, of course, was one of the very best players to have EVER played baseball, but it's pure BS they kept him out because he gambled on his own team--to WIN! Some would say the only reason we have professional sports (and some college sports) is so folks can wager on the outcome of the games! Hypocritical much? YES!

Rusty