Sunday, January 18, 2015

Ed Sheeran "Thinking Out Loud"

Someone who knows me well sent me the link. And I'm grateful.
First, I love Ed Sheeran's voice, rich and dark and intoxicating. And versatile. You have some artists who have ONE sound. All songs are the same, regardless of tempo or theme. Not so with Ed. From the darkly brooding "Make It Rain" to this very soft and sweet love song, he shades his vocals to evoke deep emotions. So close your eyes and listen, soak in the story of love lasting beyond physical attraction.




Okay, now open your eyes and watch the video. There is nothing more beautiful than a man guiding a woman through a dance. Yeah, I know, I've heard it a million times, "I'm a man, I don't dance, it's gay." Bullshit. There is nothing more masculine, sexier, than a man confident on the dance floor. Let's clarify here, I'm not talking disco or line dancing, both of those are gay; I'm talking about ballroom dancing, and I'll even include a good Texas Two-Step. You know, old fashioned dancing wherein a man must take a woman into his arms and LEAD her around the dance floor with passion, grace and confidence. And a woman must trust her partner enough to submit and follow his lead. It is a pure melding of masculine and feminine energy, and when done well, the closest thing to lovemaking you can do in public with your clothes on. Breathtaking, sensuous, seductive. Just you and your man as he takes you in his arms and glides you around the room keeping a protective eye on obstacles you'll never see. Watch the video again, it's a hybrid of modern free-style and tango, perhaps one of the most difficult and sexy ballroom dances. There's power and seduction, mellowing to a sweetness, much like a good solid lasting love.

Oh, and Mr. Sheeran learned to dance for this video when he could have passed that chore to a professional. He manned up, and that makes it all the more enticing.

7 comments:

wirecutter said...

Damn, now I gotta take another shower - a nice long, hot and slow one.

hiswiserangel said...

Modesto has a Ballroom Dance group. They can learn ya.

Cederq said...

I Ballroom, have since 16, a cute young thing parents and she ballroom danced. Friends use to call me gay too, but didn't when they saw the beauties I went home with, it is foreplay before the foreplay....

DoninSacto said...

WOW. I need a do over on my youth.

hiswiserangel said...

It's never too late, Donin. I loved to go dancing in college and before marriage, my favorite partners were older gentlemen who knew how to hold and lead a lady. As a friend of mine says, "Old age and treachery beat youth and energy every time."

Anonymous said...

Cederq called it. I noticed in high school that ordinary looking guys had a really pretty girlfriend and wondered why the connection. The answer - the guy could really dance. If its one thing woman like, its looking good (especially in front of their friends) and a good dance partner really made them happy.

I was (and am) a lousy dancer, just not coordinated enough, but my wife taught me to at least not trip over my feet, lol.

Tass said...

I learned to 2-step at Garner State Park when I was about 12 years old...never stopped (much to my father's dismay - I spent every Thursday through Saturday at the dancehall all through college - Gig 'Em!)
Hands down, nothing sexier than a man who can dance and smells good!