Tuesday, July 26, 2016

A few prayers

My very bestest oldest and dearest friend is having brain surgery tomorrow morning in Little Rock, AR. Yes. THAT Little Rock. I told her the only thing worse would be an Okie brain surgeon, but hey, it is what it is. She's had fogginess, headaches, balance issues, emotional issues, etc, for the last few years and they haven't been able to find what's wrong. Finally did an MRI on her noggin and found a WTF thing. The neuroradiologist is convinced it's a something-or-other glioma, the neurosurgeon things it's a cyst. I think it's her evil twin. I've been telling her this is the best time to do things and blame it on the Evil Twin in her brain, but she's not buying it. Anywhoo, she texted me this picture that's hanging in the apartment she's been staying in this week, says it's growing on her and she want to keep it. I think this is an excellent argument for the Evil Twin Theory. What do y'all think?


Oh yeah, and please put up some prayers for her. I love her to pieces.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will send my prayers out, for your bestest friend!

Jesse in DC said...

Myself also.

Unknown said...

Consider it done!

pigpen51 said...

So glad I checked in here before sleep. I believe in the power of prayer. I will put her on the list.
I suffer from migraines, they did an MRA, which is like an MRI with contrast dye, at MSU one time. They told me they found nothing. I wasn't sure how to take that, but my wife got traction out of it for days.
Anyway, again, you can rest assured that nothing but my sincere thoughts and prayers are being sent out to you and your friend. And to the doctors and nurses who will be with her tomorrow. May God be compassionate, and His healing hand rest lightly upon her shoulder as He touches her.

Country Boy said...

Prayers to both of you, and to whoever painted that picture.

Anonymous said...

It will be an honour.

Michael in Nelson

Anonymous said...

it is hard when one falls ill

and one becomes different

may she recover in a better condition

Wildflower

oldawg said...

Prayers outbound.

Anonymous said...

prayers have gone up, and will go up...as for the pic...would love to know what the artist was drinking, or smoking, or otherwise ingesting.....

vaquero viejo