Monday, July 25, 2016

The Max Effect


When Wirecutter, Miss Lisa, Legal Lucy and CGD came through, I got to meet the infamous CGD. Huge wolfdog. Vicious, snarling, rip your throat out....just kidding.

Charlie was a sweetheart. A love me, pet me, I'm your buddy, I'm your pal. We struck a deal that I'd get custody of Charlie and Lucy should anything happen to WC and Miss Lisa, God forbid. But he's such a sweet, lovable mountain of doggy fun, I'd be happy to be his mom.

Now Max the Terrible was with me during one of our meetings, and I got him out of the van to meet and greet. That lasted all of two minutes; he was all about tearing into Charlie, a dog that could easily have ended him in one bite. But that didn't matter. Max is a Terrierist. Max will mess up your world! Thank God he was on a harness and leash; I scooped him up and tossed him back in the van before WWIII broke out.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

big dogs are puppies

little dogs are timber wolves

wc, different species

Wildflower

Volfram said...

All it takes to make a little dog act like a big one is some patience and some scritchies behind the ears.

Anonymous said...

Hell yeah! It's all about attitude.

Anonymous said...

And speaking of dogs.... I got this guy from the pound to be my wife's companion and help her through these times. Sweetest, most loyal chunk of muscle you could ever meet.I don't know why anyone would ever buy a dog. https://eatgrueldog.wordpress.com/2016/07/20/jackson-the-destroyer/

Anonymous said...

most little dogs have the "little man" syndrome....or maybe, little men have the "little dog" syndrome...


vaquero viejo

wirecutter said...

Charlie's always been great with smaller dogs to the point that if one ever attacked him he'd probably run.
I'd never live that one down...

The Old Man said...

Got a 7 pound micro-doxie that embodies that attitude. Have seen her chase horses and deer.
But she runs for cover-from-daddy when it gets too intense.

Unknown said...

Charlie and Lucy are now porch dogs...although Lil' Lucy stands at attention, tail pointed straight out surveying the yard for possible sightings of rabbit, squirrel or bird...so that her short little legs can go faster than the speed of light trying to catch something...which she never does...Well, except once...a robin..Poor Robing Red Breast!

Sarthurk said...

Oh, we got a cute little Doxie minnie Who is over twice the size of both parents put together. He's not fat, he's just huge! He OWNS the county! A hundred foot trawler goes by the house on the bay, and he goes out there and wants to kill 'em!
The two Goldens are like, meh...

fjord said...

@eatgrueldog

".I don't know why anyone would ever buy a dog".

Bad experiences here with shelters and animal adoption services. Because some of them think that everyone is an animal abuser.