Saturday, January 26, 2013

A little head's up



Sometime around noon (central time), I'm going to close the blog to Followers only for a couple of days while I do some housecleaning. The recent events have shaken some sense into me, I'm not protected by anonymity and people who aren't so nice can easily find me. I'm going to take down some pictures and a few of the more personal posts that can do damage. I wish I knew how to archive them to bring back at a later date, but oh well.

I've got to think of my girls. This isn't exactly Dear Diary, for my own private musings and emotional purging. It goes out in the blogosphere, and is accessible by anyone. That's scary. So, I'm going to streamline, tighten things up, delete some of the more dangerous postings and pictures, and carry on from there.

Now don't worry, just because I'm growing up a little and taking responsibility for what I post, that doesn't mean I'm going to change too much. I'm too loud, too opinionated, too snarky, too outrageous, too flirty, too wacky to be anything but me. I'm just going to be a little more mature about it. Yeah right. We'll see how long that lasts.

So, if you've followed you can still see it while I'm working. Probably not too many posts until I get things cleaned up. If you haven't followed, don't know how or don't want to, that's okay. A la Schwarzenegger, "Ah'll be bahck...."

Laters,

Angel

Damn, that didn't take long at all. Going through 434 posts, I realized two things: I'm a snarky little cuss and I'm funny as hell. When I'm not wallowing in the Pool of Self-Pity. Then I'm just....  ~sigh~. Only deleted about 30 posts, got rid of personal pics, and my heart squeezed on the Charlie posts, but I took them down too. Everything was saved, so it's not permanently POOFed. I have the option of returning them to their rightful position in the future.  Thanks for y'alls patience with my tantrums.

I took the posts about the Snake down because he is known for his true self by the right people. No need to give him any further exposure.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled snark.

15 comments:

idahobob said...

See ya when you get back

I'll be here.

Bob
III

Anonymous said...

We await your return with baited breath...... ok, not baited...more like coffee breath :)

Boarshide

WiscoDave said...

Don't know how to do the "Follower" stuff so I guess I'll just wait here patiently.

Adrienne said...

Copy and past articles you wish to keep to My Documents and then delete from blog. That might work.

hiswiserangel said...

Thanks, adrienne, I'll try that!
:-D

crankyjohn said...

And if you see any comments where I am running down the Missus, delete those too, or I may end up like one of those coyotes in wirecutters back yard.

Anonymous said...

Gotcha. ;)
Miss V

MissK said...

Will be patiently watching for your return... Hugs :-)

Anonymous said...

Comeback soon, Angel...
wb

Unknown said...

Glad you're back, Angel!

Blue said...

See ya later...

Welcome back!

angrymike said...

Hey, you do put some, a little to personal, stuff out there, BUT don't change much, we love who you are, just proof read some things, and don't post when your emotional.
We do love you as you are, stay as you are !!!!!!!

hiswiserangel said...

Thanks Dad! ;-) Yeah, I know, you've had this little discussion with me before. It just takes me a while to learn.

Anonymous said...

I was all worried again. Friends in town from out of state so I missed this post. When I get home and get a minute I see the blog down again and think Oh Shit! Then I see MissK's post and go WTF?
Checked again and see everything is back and you were just doing some maintenance. Relief.
Thanks for all you do.
Terry
Fla.

hiswiserangel said...

sorry about that, terry. I just got rid of some stuff that might get me in trouble with the wrong people. Did it faster than I thought. apparently I've just been slowly unraveling the last few weeks.