Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Marilyn vs. Mae: Sex Goddess vs. Sex Kitten


I am, without a doubt, a Fluffy-American. There, I'm hyphenated now. I will be a HEALTHY Fluffy-American, but the fact of the matter is I'm always going to be more Rubenesque than Twiggy-esque (damn girl, show your age). A lot of people use Marilyn Monroe as an example of a beautiful, full-figured woman. The truth is, she was tiny. Even by today's standards.

During her career, Marilyn Monroe's size fluctuated from a 2 to 6, depending on the emotional turmoil in her life. At a petite (to me, I'm a freaking Amazon) 5'5" and 115-120 pounds, Marilyn was a typical starlet. True, compared to today's freakishly anorectic actresses and models who cringe at a size above 0, she was quite, um, fluffy. Hell, she was bodacious, a 36D with a 22-inch waist. Barbie was jealous.

The average woman today is between a 12-16, 150, with a 32-inch waist. Of course, there are still the petite little darlings in their Size 0 jeans; and one of these days, you'll see me on the news after I'm arrested for sitting on one and force-feeding her a damn sammich. But the rest of us live is a much larger world. In my wedding pics, I'm a size 12, 150 lbs, and perfectly happy with that size. That's my goal, That's where I'm aiming.

I'm not a Marilyn, I'm more of a Mae West. Mae was another petite icon (5'2"), but much fluffier at 120-140. She had hips and boobs, a trim waist and a kick-ass attitude. So I'm not a Sex Goddess, they die tragically at an early age. I'm going to be a Sex Kitten, they just get older and fluffier.



6 comments:

Robert Fowler said...

There's nothing wrong with fluffy. My sweet wife was fluffy when I met her and she's still fluffy. Of course since I started eating her cooking, I'm a bit fluffy myself (5'8", 210).

Anonymous said...

The redhead went from a 20-22 to a 4-6 a couple of years ago and has stayed there. At the same time she went from 9 mm to .45. She didn't think she could do it, but got back to her "marrying" weight.
Keep up all the hard work. Fluffy is good. Warrior Fluffy is better!
Terry
Fla.

Chris in Houston said...

My wife is 6'3" and out reaches me by 5" or so standing up. She weighs from 165 to above 220lbs - depending on the stress level of her life. And she has a round house kick that can dislocate most of the bones in a hand - my hand, and don't ask for the story - it still hurts on a cold day.

All the women your talking of and most men are small standing next to her.

And it's great!

rpm2day said...

Mae West, hands down. Of course I'm old enough to remember watching her and W.C. Fields on TV.

hiswiserangel said...

rpm, I always figured, when the SHTF, Mae would be better to have next to you than Marilyn.

Wraith said...

Of course, there are still the petite little darlings in their Size 0 jeans; and one of these days, you'll see me on the news after I'm arrested for sitting on one and force-feeding her a damn sammich.

This is why we love you. (Other than being a redheaded, plush hottie Patriot with an attitude--damn, we'll have to start a list of reasons!)