Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Angel With a Shotgun

Ray sent a tip on a song, Angel With A Shotgun - Nightcore, and I looked it up on youtube. Well...

 
 
Wow. My first impression was "Who the fuck gave female chipmunks speed and a recording contract?" Then I read the lyrics, listened again, researched "nightcore" which is not just a band name but also a type of music that takes songs with meaningful lyrics by other artists and switches up the beat, tempo, and adds a bunch of techno bells and whistles. An education in techno music. And I went on a hunt for the original "Angel with a Shotgun", and found The Cab's version...
 

 
Still pretty techno for my Southern rock roots, but I really like this song. May have to go in the WiserAngel Workout Mix. Thanks Ray!

8 comments:

stevierayv said...

oh the humanity my ears are dying

hiswiserangel said...

Alright, hon, you get one free request. How can I stop the bleeding?

Paladin said...

Heh... you sound like me. Start pulling a little interesting thread and there's no telling where you'll end up.

hiswiserangel said...

Paladin, I have NEVER been able to look at something and go "huh" and walk away. I get chewed on for over-analyzing ALL THE TIME. Sorry, it's what I do best.

stevierayv said...

Alright I must come here and say sorry no excuses I'm sorry

hiswiserangel said...

For what, hon? You've done nothing that needs an apology in my eyes.

James Butler said...

Ahhhh, Angel, Please give us some warnings before it comes noise like that...
WOW... that was painful and soul wrenching..
Was there music somewhere there?
Now second one wasn't so bad. Still disturbing...

Anonymous said...

And what's wrong with cranked up rodents? B'sides Its FUN, What's worse is; I'm WAY older than you might think, and southern, like ancestors rode with John Hunt Morgan, related to D.Boone , raised up a holler southern.