Monday, March 18, 2013

Monday Morning Funnies

I swear, the Monday morning after Spring Break sucks. All week, the HBIC (head baby in charge) got me up around 4 am for a salad and a chat about life. Every. Single. Morning. I'd get her back to bed by 5:30 or so, and then the Teen Queen would be up around 7, serenading me with either Charlotte Church or Cher (yeah, I know, I have failed miserably as a parent; her musical tastes are appalling). But this morning? The alarm goes off at 6 am, not a peep out of either girl. I get up, dressed, breakfast started, lunches packed, 7 am NOT A PEEP. Go in turn on their lights and bang around in their bedrooms, NADA. 7:15, go back in take their covers. Nothing. Finally up and moving by 7:20, breakfast, dressed, watching Phineas and Ferb (I have an unhealthy attraction to Perry the Platypus, such a hot semi-aquatic mammal), I look over and TQ is passed out in the recliner and HBIC is passed out on the couch. I get them up, coats, backpacks, lunches and headed out to the momvan. Here in the tiny town, we live about 12 blocks from the schools. In about six blocks, I look in the rear view mirror and, yep you guessed it, passed out. Wake up the HBIC, walk her in, hand her over, back to the van. TQ is stretched out on the back seat snoozing. Three blocks to the High School, walk the teen zombie in and hand her over. I get back home and consider all I need to do that I couldn't get done with everyone home and under foot. And you know what? Fuck it, I'm going back to bed.

Laters y'all,

Angel






2 comments:

Craig M. said...

That elephant one was like watching the Republican Debates.

James Butler said...

Ahhh, there is nothign like a good after noon nap Angel... And your body tells you when it needs it...
Sweet dreams...