Thursday, March 28, 2013

Army Humor

Okay, I had an "Oh SHIT!" moment today when talking to Poppy. He informed me that he's been reading my blog. For the last month. Oh. Shit. This is the man who told me I would not be allowed to spend time alone with a member of the opposite sex until I was 18. And made it stick until I was 20. This is the man who, I'm sure, while holding my first daughter, was justifying a second possible virgin birth. This is my Poppy. And he's been reading my blog. Oh. Shit.

Now I have no real qualms, not ashamed of anything I've posted, until it comes to him. And then my head started spinning and I was trying to remember everything I've posted and comments made and responded to, and the pictures, oh Dear Lord in Heaven.... So he said to me, "You've only been doing this a few months and you've had that many people look in? And it seems like you've made some good friends. I'm really proud of you, but...." Suck it up, Angel, stand tall and take it like an adult. "...what the hell is with all the Marine shit? What about the Army? You do remember that's the branch I proudly served? You think we're any less deserving of your attention? WHERE'S THE ARMY BABES?!"

Not what I was expecting, kind of took me by surprise there, but okay, I would NEVER want to disappoint Poppy. Never. So some Army humor and some camo babes:

 

 

16 comments:

stevierayv said...

hooah

Anonymous said...

For crying out loud !! Give up the notion your father is not one of the normal people in this world of daughters and fathers. I have a daughter who is as conservative as we are. We talk to each other the same as we speak to anyone else.
Hells fire--even our granddaughter is as outspoken. Fathers like their kids to be outspoken, independant, and yes, sometimes assholes. When they disagree with us. But--bottom line, we love our girls to be themselves. I sent you a picture awhile back and you said I can't put this up. Poppy looks at this. Bet he would have loved it.
Going to CA next week to celebrate our daughters 50th. Former Air Force staff seargeant and now a charge nurse. Just be yourself.
And by the way your glasses make you look like the HOT librarian we would loved to have had discipline us
Terry
WA

hiswiserangel said...

Thank you, Terry. There are just times he makes me feel like I'm 10 again. Now I'm going to have to go back and look for that pic.

Oh, and your books are overdue...

Keads said...

My Father looks at my Blog on a daily basis. It does somewhat temper my posts but when we talked some time ago he said that your Blog kept him entertained.

I await my Mothers rebuttal. I think it will not be forthcoming anytime soon.

Wing wiper, pound grounder, and all of the variants that served are equal in my eyes.

hiswiserangel said...

My blog keeps him entertained?! And isn't it funny, even as old as we are, we bask in our parents' approval.

Learning to Golf said...

I'm Poppy to the grandwonderfuls.....both female. Both offspring are female. Both have no problem putting me in my place, which is no problem

The 'old man' is Pappy. 87 and I still believe today what he told me in my early youth, "If you ever do anything to get arrested for, you had better pray the cops get you before I do,"

It isn't just the fairer sex that honors their parents.

wirecutter said...

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!
I ask the very same question a while back and I get a ration of shit, but let Poppy ask and he gets them with a fucking APOLOGY???

Poppy, my name is Kenny Lane. I'm ex-Army too. Proud to meet you, Sir.

Odysseus said...

There is nothing in the world more dangerous than a second lieutenant with a compass and a map.

also two of the Schlock Mercenary maxims:

2) A sergeant in motion outranks a lieutenant that doesn't know what's going on.

3) An ordinance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.

Chams90 said...

Bout time for army 9 yrs my self way to go poppy setting her straight

Wraith said...

One of the great milestones in life is when your parents see you as an independent adult.

Congrats! Tell Poppy that he raised one hell of a woman.

Jason said...

How do you know they are army?
It could very well be that these girls are just fresh out of the surplus store beach wear dept.

hiswiserangel said...

Mr. Lane, I believe you also recieved an apology and SEVERAL very nice pics. Hardly shit rations. And FYI, YOU don't have "the belt", so Poppy outranks you.

wirecutter said...

Hey, I called him Sir!
My Pops raised me right, I know enough to respect my betters.
I know all about the belt too.

hiswiserangel said...

Scariest sound in the world: a leather belt whipping through Wrangler belt loops at warp speed.

KurtP said...

Ok....
So do we -or don't we get to see more after exercise pics?

....Which you've kinda been slacking off on anyway....

hiswiserangel said...

Aw, hell, KurtP. You're the first one to call me on the slacking off. And yes I have, and I don't know. I kind of got chewed on for the after workout pics by some of my internet daddies. How about milestone pics?