Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Ministry of Silly Walks

Picked up my new glasses today, did this all through Target. The cashier actually talked to me slowly in low tones so as not to spook the "special" person. No-line bifocals are FUN. Sheesh.

 
 
I chose "geek chic" frames. What was I thinking? These were the kind of frames that got me de-pantsed and shoved in my locker from 6th grade to graduation. I picked them out in the store with two 20-something kids gushing, "Ooooo, adorkable!" What was I thinking?! I can't see shit without my glasses let alone see how I look in new frames, but I took the leap and embraced my inner geek.
 
Let's face it shall we? I look at the world through geek-colored glasses; my inner geek giggles at pi jokes; I find books and those who read and hoard them to be amazingly sexy. I am a geek and I'm proud! So here they are: Wiser(Geeky)Angel's new specs. Let the de-pantsing line form to the left, wedgies and wet willies to the right. Thank God I can no longer fit in a locker.
 
 
 
Oh, and to whichever of you ladies who turned me on to the DevaCurl products, thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm sorry I can't remember who it was, but I want you to know it freaking rocks. I love the way my curls look and feel, and it smells like lemon meringue pie!!! How awesome is that?


24 comments:

Heroditus Huxley said...

I spent two years trying to get used to no-line bifocals. I went back to the traditional because I just couldn't.

Then again, I'd been wearing lined bifocals since I was twelve, and tried them when I was about 23-24.

hiswiserangel said...

That must have been hard as a kid. I think I got my first pair around that age.

My biggest transition so far is not taking them off or looking over the tops to read. Been doing that for 3 years. :-)

The silly walk is just for fun.

Grog said...

I don't have bifocals, but here's some good Python.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rKYL0tW-Ek

TexasT said...

Angel, re: deva curl, that was me, orbitup's wife. You're welcome! I have been out of my products for a little while and I can definitely tell a difference, and it's not good. I am going to order some on line right now! Thanks for reminding me. :)

TexasT said...

p.s. your hair looks great!

hiswiserangel said...

Yes! Texas T, thank you, now I remember (eyesight isn't the only thing going). I ordered mine from Ulta. Spent the day going to the 'fridge looking for lemon meringue pie. :-)

Angel eyes said...

A red flannel shirt, blue, no no.

hiswiserangel said...

Sorry rpm, don't have a red flannel shirt. Look horrible in red.

Angel eyes said...

Let others be the judges. Something to compliment the curls.

hiswiserangel said...

Does it have to be flannel?

Angel eyes said...

In as much as my open mind and my narrow waist have traded locations I'll still try to be open minded. It hurts.
Whatcha thinking?

hiswiserangel said...

WiserAngel things...

What do you mean, what am I thinking? I try not to, it hurts my head and stirs up the voices.

Angel eyes said...

The voices are there for a reason...

Just being silly now, or maybe not.

hiswiserangel said...

The voices come up with all my best ideas.

I can't believe you're ever silly, rpm; you seem like such a button-down kind of guy. :-)

Angel eyes said...

Yes, I'm another Bob Newhart.

hiswiserangel said...

Don't you be ragging on Mr. Newhart, I've had a crush on him since the 70s.

Angel eyes said...

Newhart's great.
"The buttoned down mind of Bob Newhart"? Look it up.
Compliment meant.
Tired
Out

hiswiserangel said...

Oh! I forgot about that one!

Goodnight rpm, sweet dreams.

drjim said...

I've been wearing the blended-lens glasses for over 10 years.

The only time they messed me up was the first time I tried to walk down stairs with them.

Now *that* was a silly walk, I'm told.

And I think they look very nice on you!

hiswiserangel said...

Thank you, drjim. I mostly did the silly walk up and down curbs. :-)

Wraith said...

Geek girls make my heart flutter.

Anonymous said...

They look great as do the curls but the best part is the smile. My bifocals aren't doing the job anymore. I think it is time for trifocals. Gary

Anonymous said...

Im still waiting for the depantsing.......
Just sayin.
Tease.

Farmer John

Unknown said...

Depantsing and pie, tough to beat a combination like that. Shower Twister and bacon, maybe.