Thursday, March 21, 2013

Can I have just ONE week?

Just one week without disaster, emergency or sickness? Just one? I dropped the girls off at school this morning and settled in to read the news of the day and drink my Delicious Chocolate Flavored Soy Protein Beverage when my cell phone rang. It was the school. Twenty minutes. The Head Baby In Charge had been standing next to the classroom door when some kid hopped up on Pop-Tarts shoved the door into the room, catching HBIC square in the snoot with the edge. According to the school nurse, screaming, yelling, blood everywhere and she was starting to swell. I think I closed the door to the house, don't remember anything until I got there.

Needless to say, bundled her up and headed for Urgent Care, where we spent the next five and a half hours, waiting, seeing the doc, sedating her for x-rays and scans (try to scan a hysterical autistic child without it), packing, forms, medical tape. Her teeny tiny pixie nose was broken, but no damage to her forehead or cheek bones. Bless her heart, she's breathing through her mouth and she looks like Raccoon Girl. We got home and settled in time to go get the Teen Queen, who has been playing Nurse all evening. I have to watch her so she doesn't overdo the sisterly love.

But that's been my day, and I'm begging, please God, just one week....

11 comments:

Old Richard said...

They say the Lord won't give you more
than you can handle----- Looks to me
like you are one Tough Mother !!!

God bless an we'll pray for better
times.

wirecutter said...

What, no pictures?

hiswiserangel said...

I promise, if I ever break my nose, I'll post pics.

stevierayv said...

I feel for ya good luck

hiswiserangel said...

Thanks stevie. I guess this is payback for all the trips my folks took to the emergency room when I was a kid. ;-)

Anonymous said...

No rest for the wicked.

Let the little one know we hope she gets to feeling better real soon.

(raises a beer) Here's hoping you get your week and then some!

(guzzles down beer)

MissK said...

I'm sorry sweetie... Mama bear can handle it. Hugs to both of you xox

Anonymous said...

Angel hope she feels better soon! I will pray that you have a better weekend and week to come :) "HUGS"

Grand said...

Miss K is right.

I hope you have a relaxing weekend.

James Butler said...

Hey sorry to hear that Angel...
I hope your kids and yourself got plenty of rest last night...

Just remember once you become a parent, you surrender all those dreams and fantasies of peace and quiet and uneventful days...
Glad it wasn't anything major. hang int here and well, have an awesome wild sex tonite.
;-)

timbo said...

Poor kid! That is awful when it happens - and awful for quite some time afterwords. It is rather odd that God would design us in such a way. If we had that cromagnon brow sticking out further than our noses, we would be stronger as a species. Or something other than a delicate nose being the leading part of us!

I wish her well.