Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Curl Drama Continues

 
Okay, I cut off the straightened hair and discovered "Once curly, always curly". Which isn't a good thing. It got to the point a week after the hair cut that the curl was so violent my scalp hurt. So I booked an appointment to get a perm. And the blizzard hit. Then I rebooked and Spring Break hit. Then I rebooked, and whoo-hoo!, I actually made it.
 
Our goal today was to calm the curls down a bit, a little curl mellowing if you will, and give them order and direction. Yeah, right. Now I've fought this war for a good 40 years and never really won. But this is the first time I tried perming. It seemed contradictory. And the really weird thing is, with all the torture I've inflicted on the curls, I've never been worried. Until now. I actually dreamed last night that I woke up bald on top with Bozo curls around the side, woke up sobbing and curled in a fetal position. But never let it be said I back down from a tough fight.
 
So sitting in the chair, nervous as a cat, for 90 minutes of just putting the damn rods in (Sherry lost count at 70), then the stinky stuff, 20 minutes of processing time, rinsing, neutralizer, rinsing, removing the damned rods!!!!!, conditioning and rinsing. A little primping, a little curl creme, and 2 hours later....
 
 
I don't consider this a win, only a cease fire. Some day curls, I will be victorious! 


10 comments:

crankyjohn said...

My mullet is naturally wavey.

hiswiserangel said...

Cranky, prove it.

Starlady said...

No, sweetie, you won't win. I've got 20 more years of fighting & I have done everything to my hair...EVERYTHING! Style it to fit your lifestyle and you'll be amazed at the extra free time you'll have. You may not ever LOVE it, but it is what it is and you'll be happier. Sign me a straight person in a curly hair body.

hiswiserangel said...

I've lived in a state of detente with the curls. And really, cutting the long hair was very freeing.

Anonymous said...

Many years ago I fell for a Redhead whos hair, no matter she did allways looked like she just got off a Harly, She looked like a wild pony, and I loved it. No matter what you got I'll bet a silver dollar that there is a man that thinks its the most wonderfull thing on earth. Ray

MissK said...

Love that Ray :-)

Angel, you know I love the curls, and they look soft, wild and pretty in your pic. I hope you two come to an understanding some day ;-)

Angel eyes said...

Wow, "blessed" with pubic hair on your head!


Be kind

hiswiserangel said...

Thanks for the soul-crushing flashbacks to junior high, rpm.
I'll be sobbing in the corner for the rest of the night. :-P

idahobob said...

Gawd, I love curly hair.

Bob
III

James Butler said...

You know in this picture I can see your lips and part of your nose.. but the lips is the part that take my breath away...
*closes his eyes and imagines them lips around his... Never mind*