Saturday, August 30, 2014

Bacon Peanut Butter Cups


It's been a while since I dropped a bacon recipe on y'all. This is one of my absolute favorites. Enjoy.

Ingredients:
1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
4-1/2 tsp butter, melted
1/2 c confectioner's sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
6 Hershey's bars, coarsely chopped
6 slices bacon, coarsely chopped

1. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup peanut butter, butter, confectioner's sugar and salt until smooth. Set aside.
2. In microwave, melt chocolate chips, chopped candy bars and remaining peanut butter; stir until smooth.
3. I can NOT stress this enough. Use regular size muffin cups, we aren't messing around here. 
4. Drop a goodly spoonful of chocolate into the cups, add some crumbled bacon, top with more chocolate, then a dollop of the peanut butter, topping with more chocolate and a sprinkle of bacon while it's still soft.
Make sure the bacon and peanut butter are away from the sides of the cups and fully encased in chocolate.
5. Refrigerate until set, store in an air-tight container. Store?! ~snort~ yeah, right.

6 comments:

Angel eyes said...

Be still, my coronary, for this is irresistible!

hiswiserangel said...

I shall call these Angel eyes Bait, since they brought you out of hiding. How's it going,darlin'?

Angel eyes said...

I am overworked, underpaid and happy that my youngest just moved 300 miles away.
Also growing my first goatee. It's gonna be a grey fest.

I'm so rude, how are you?

Cederq said...

Oh these are looking so delicious I would sit there and let you call me every name of the book, discuss my ancestry and make fun of me and disgrace me for a plate of those...

Robert Fowler said...

I can hear my arteries slamming shut.

Jselvy said...

And a thousand cardiologists cried out